It is impossible not to panic when your iPhone gets stolen, especially when you have important files and messages stored in it. Also, there are instances when you have to recover your messages in your iOS device, but you cannot because it is broken. That’s quite disappointing. But as long as you have your files backed up on iCloud, there’s no need to worry because you can solve your problem in the simplest ways. In this article, I’ve listed two methods you can use to restore text messages from iCloud.
How to Restore Messages from iCloud?
ApowerRescue is an efficient data recovery application that will help you easily restore files, including photos, videos, messages, call logs, memos, messages, and others from your iOS devices. This also has a clear and comprehensive interface that gives you a hassle-free user experience. With this tool, you have three options: recover deleted files from iOS device, recover lost data from iTunes backup, and recover lost files from iCloud backup. You do not have to worry about losing privacy because it ensures you 100% security. So, here are the simplest guidelines on how to recover iMessages from iCloud.
- To retrieve your messages using ApowerRescue, first, you have to download it from its website and install it on your Mac or PC. After that, launch the application and connect your iPhone via lightning cable.
- On the main interface of the program, you can see three different recovery options. Choose iCloud backup. Afterwards, sign in with your account, and your iCloud backup will be shown on the preview area. Then, click the “Download” button to download iCloud backup to your PC and click “Start Scan”.
- Choose “Messages” to download from iCloud and hit the “OK” button. From there, it will show a preview of all the messages in your iPhone. Mark the messages you want to restore then click “Recover to Computer”.
- The final step to restore text messages from iCloud is to choose the folder or location where you want to recover them. Once it’s done, it will notify you with a pop up, and you may “Open Folder” to view the messages or click “OK” to close the window.
PhoneRescue is a program used mainly to recover files from iPhone, iPad, and iPod. Similar to the previously mentioned application, this can also recover files in three different ways. It can retrieve files from iOS, from iTunes, as well as from iCloud. It has versions available for both Mac and Windows. In addition, it has iOS Repair Tools if your device is in a restarting loop or recovery mode and needs to be in normal mode. The following are the steps to restore messages from iCloud using this application:
- First, go to its official page and download the application. Install it on your computer and open it. Then, connect your iPhone to your PC.
- On its main interface, there are three ways to recover your files plus an additional feature. Select “Recover from iCloud” then click the arrow at the bottom right corner of the program.
- Afterwards, log in with your account and select the backup files where the messages you want to retrieve are located. Then, click the “Download” button. A window will appear allowing you to choose the file type you want to recover, and in this case, you have to select “Messages” then hit “OK”.
- A preview of the messages on your iPhone will be displayed on your screen; select the ones you wish to restore. And at the bottom corner, you may choose where you want to them to be copied – either to your iPhone or to your PC.
Indeed, with these applications, it won’t be difficult to recover iMessages from iCloud anymore. While both these tools enable to you retrieve your messages, ApowerRescue has a user-friendly interface and doesn’t require you to have technical knowledge to use it. Therefore, you can operate this without any supervision from experts.