Apple has released its latest mobile operating system, iOS 12. It is designed to improve the performance of iPhone, iPad and iPod through a faster and more responsive operating system. Along with this are the attractive new features like Animoji, multi-task operation on iPhone and more. However, like the previous update, there is still a data loss issue. A lot of iPhone users noticed their important files are gone afer updating and are not trying to figure out how they can recover lost messages after iOS 12 update. Luckily, there are plenty of solutions which will enable you to get your important messages back. In this article, you will discover some of the best and easy-to-use data recovery tools.
Effective Ways to Recover Your Lost Messages after iOS 12 Update
The default way of recovering your messages from your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch is via iTunes. Prior the recovery, you must have properly backed up your device to your computer in order to recover your data using this method. However, this works by recovering the entire backup file without an option to selectively retrieve certain data. Here’s how to recover lost messages after iOS 12 update using iTunes.
- Launch iTunes on your computer and connect your iOS device to your computer through lightning cable.
- Once connected, click the device icon at the top left corner.
- Then, click the “Restore Backup” button located at the Backups section.
- Your iOS device will show “Restore in Progress” while iTunes app will show you a progress bar.
- Wait for the recovery process to be completely finished before disconnecting your device.
You can also use a third-party app to get your valuable messages back. One of the best apps to use to recover data is ApowerRescue. It is an iOS data recovery tool which allows you to recover lost messages after iOS 12 update without iTunes. You can use this app to instantly retrieve lost contacts or messages caused by phone reformatting, a factory reset, or an upgrade to new iOS. Moreover, it is packed with three recovery operations: directly recovery of your phone, extracting back up files from iTunes or recovering from the iCloud. Follow the guide below to start retrieving your lost messages after an update to iOS 12.
- First, download and install the program on your computer.
- Next, launch the app and connect your device to desktop via USB cable.
- Once your Apple device is connected, tick on “Messages” and click the “Start Scan” button and let the tool analyze your device.
- A list of recoverable messages will show up, and you can now recover lost SMS after iOS 12 update.
- Once you’ve decided on which SMS messages you’d like to retrieve, click the “Recover to computer” button and your files will be automatically saved on your computer. A window will then appear; there you have the choice whether to open the recovered messages or to proceed by clicking the “OK” button.
Another alternative recovery app you might consider using is EaseUS. It has an iPhone data recovery software that allows you to recover lost or deleted files. It comes with an easy-to-use user-interface and supports multiple data types such as photos, videos, messages, WhatsApp messages and many more. Aside from that, you can also retrieve by scanning your device and extracting data from iTunes and iCloud backup. To know how to how to recover lost messages after iOS 12 update without iTunes with this app, follow these steps:
- Install EaseUS on your desktop and launch it afterwards.
- Connect your device to your PC with a USB cable. Once connected, your device name will be shown on the main interface of the program.
- Click the “Scan” button next to your Apple device name and let the tool analyze your device.
- Then, you will have a preview of your lost content, which is well-organized in the left corner.
- Lastly, mark “Messages” with a check. Click the “Recover” button to save your recovered messages on your computer.
The data recovery programs above can all help you recover lost text messages. Although they serve the same function, they differ in usability and features. EaseUs and iTunes scan every bit of each file in your device before you can recover, which makes very time-consuming. ApowerRescue, is twice as fast because you can directly recover without scanning every and each file. So if you are looking for a fast and efficient way to recover lost SMS messages after iOS 12 update, try one of these methods.