PDF is a widely-used file format that can be applied in business, press, law, education, and many more fields. Because it is compatible with different platforms, people can use it anywhere, even on the go. Nowadays, people often cooperate for a huge and important task, and each one in the team will get a few documents. After they finish their own documents, they can merge the files. If you get multiple PDF documents from different colleagues, how do you combine all PDF into one? In this post, we will introduce 2 programs that can merge PDF files online and how to use them.
2 Excellent Tools to Merge PDF Pages
Supported Devices: Windows, Mac, Android and iOS devices
LightPDF can allow you to manage your PDF files from converting to editing. Also, it supports features like merging, compressing, rotating, protecting, and unlocking PDF etc. Moreover, users don’t need to register or install but can fully enjoy its functions. Follow this procedure to combine PDF files.
- Visit its merge PDF page.
- Choose files that you want to merge or simply drop them onto the box. You can select 2 or more PDF files at one time.
- Afterwards, hit the “Merge” button to merge PDF files for free.
- Hit the download icon to get the combined PDF.
Supported Devices: Windows PC and Mac
Soda PDF is another powerful PDF tool that can convert, edit, view, merge, split, compress, sign PDF, and more. It not only has many practical tools but also provides several options for users, for example, you can upload files from local drive or cloud service, and you can save files directly or let it send the file to your email. Now let’s see how it works.
- Go to the website of “Merge PDF” on Soda PDF online.
- Select an uploading method and input your files. You can see the thumbnails of the documents.
- Also, you can drag a PDF and move to change its position, so that when you click the “MERGE FILES” button, it will merge PDF pages and come out with the order you set.
- Finally, download the file.
Both tools work well on combining multiple PDF documents and contain several other functions. However, there are some differences between two files.
Upload limitation: Soda PDF has limits to the file size (but the website doesn’t tell the maximum size it allows, which is not really friendly), while LightPDF has no limitation to the file size.
Supported systems: Although you can visit Soda PDF website on your mobile, when it comes to the merge page, you upload more than two files, and then you cannot find the merge button and cannot merge PDF files online.
User-friendly options: As mentioned above Soda PDF gives more options for users to upload and get their files. Also, it allows users to rearrange the files before combining.
Speed: Both tools are powerful to run, but LightPDF seems to work faster when uploading and merging files.
Interface: The two online tools have a clean and straightforward interface, so people can use it without confusion. However, Soda PDF has some ads on its sites.