Accidents happen when you least expect it and oftentimes, you’re unprepared of what’s to come. This goes the same with your iPhone devices. Most of the time, you forego backing up your data as it is not necessary. But what if you drop your phone suddenly or dip it in water which may cause cracks or unresponsiveness? How are you going to extract your photos and other files on your device? In this article, you will learn some tips to recover data from broken iPhone. Scroll down for more information about this matter.
How to Retrieve Data from Broken iPhone?
Check Your Broken iPhone
Though there are many phone recovery software on the market, very few caters defective iPhone. Hence, the first thing you need to do is to check if the crack on your phone damages the firmware. If you’re lucky, your device might have some minor scratches and still function well. However, if not, you’ll have a dead phone and the best solution for this it to contact your local store for repair or replacement. The next section provides workaround for people who can still open their devices. So, after inspecting your mobile, you may proceed below to retrieve data from broken iPhone.
Recover Data from Broken iPhone to PC
1. Recover Data from Broken iPhone with ApowerRescue
ApowerRescue is an impressive program that works to recover files from iOS devices. It offers three modes which allows users to access deleted data on iPhone or iPad, iTunes backup and iCloud backup. This supports media files saved on phone or app and other files such as messages, contacts, notes, voice memos, and Safari bookmarks. It is user-friendly and has intuitive interface which is perfect for any kind of users. The app also guarantees that all your data are protected from outside threat. Moreover, it ensures fast and reliable scanning process for your devices. Here’s how to recover data from broken iPhone:
- Download and install ApowerRescue on your computer.Download
- Connect your device with a lightning cable and from the main interface of the program.
- Select the files that you want to recover, click on “Start Scan” and wait for the app to finish scanning your device.
- Finally, check the files of your choice and hit “Recover to computer”.
2. Recover Data from Broken iPhone with dr. fone
Another way on how to recover data from water damaged iPhone is through dr. fone. This is similar to ApowerRescue as it backup corrupted files on your device and restore it to your local drive. It also enables users to recover using their iTunes and iCloud backup. With this, you’ll be able to extract photos, videos, music, messages, calendar history, notes, and voice memos. What makes this a good choice is it allows you to preview your file before exporting it to your computer. Thus, you can get your data accurately. This also provides different output formats including HTML, CSV or vCard files. Follow the instructions provided below to know how to get data off a broken iPhone.
- To start, install dr. fone – Backup & Restore (iOS) to your computer.
- Upon installing, run the program and connect your iPhone with a cable.
- Select “Backup&Restore” and wait for the program to recognize your device.
- At this point, click on “Backup” then select the kind of file you want to restore. Hit the “Backup” button to proceed.
- After some time, your file will be saved to your computer.
All in all, not having a backup file of your phone can be troublesome but you can still restore files on your iPhone in case of emergency. The above solutions showed you how to retrieve data from broken iPhone. You can choose between these software above, as both offers excellent performance in recovering files on your iOS device.