With the advancement of technology, you can now control PC using your iPhone. Through this function, you can easily do your task even if you are not in front of your computer. Yet there are also times that you need to do your task on the computer and manage your iPhone at the same time. In this case, you need a tool to help you control iPhone from computer. This is useful when you want to respond to notifications or reply to text messages on your iPhone. In this article, we will show you one of the recommended ways to control your iPhone using computer.
How to Control iPhone from PC
This program released by Cydia works for jailbroken devices. If your device is already jailbroken, you can now use Veency to take control of your iPhone from your PC running Windows, Linux and Mac. With the help of this tool, you can access controls including, lock and menu button, touch screen, and even type using the keyboard of your computer. So, if you want to access your phone from the comfort of your computer and with the benefit of a bigger screen, this program is for you. Now to control iPhone from computer, see the simple guide below.
- Launch Cydia on your jailbroken iOS device and update any repositories needed then proceed with the following steps.
- Now, search for “Veency” app and install it on your iPhone.
- After the installation, proceed by tapping the “Restart Springboard” and wait for Cydia to work. Once done, it should be available on your settings. Next, find the Veency entry on your iPhone settings. From there, toggle the “Show cursor” to on. After the procedure, your iPhone is ready to be controlled remotely.
- Make sure to connect your iPhone and PC to the same wireless network. On your iOS device, navigate to “Settings” followed by “Wi-Fi”, tap the small “i” next to the network then find your IP Address and take note of it.
- Now launch the VNC Viewer on your PC and type in the IP Address based on your iPhone. you will then see your iPhone being displayed on your PC screen. You can now remote control iPhone from PC and do many things like streaming media and composing SMS using your PC.
Additional Tip: ApowerMirror
With the help of Veency, it’s now possible to control iPhone from your computer. Yet in case you only need to reflect your iPhone to PC for a much wider display, then you may use ApowerMirror. It is a popular screen mirroring program which allows users to cast iPhone or Android device to PC with high-quality. Unlike the other app which lags when you reflect phone to PC, this app lets you enjoy a responsive mirroring process. Aside from that, it has a whiteboard marker function which lets you draw lines and shapes on screen. Hence, you can conduct a presentation even if you only have iPhone as your remote to access computer. Moreover, its desktop program allows you to adjust your AirPlay resolution to get the best display quality.
You might need to respond to alerts or SMS from your iPhone. Whatever reason it may be, you can now take control iOS from PC through the use of Veency. You might find the procedure a bit confusing, but the result is worth all that. We also recommend you to use ApowerMirror when you need to mirror your iOS device on your PC.