How to Mirror Android Screen to Mac
ApowerMirror is probably the most comprehensive mirroring program you’ll ever find on the web. It allows you to cast multiple Android devices to Mac and mirror your content to a bigger screen in real time. It supports streaming of movies, music, pictures, documents, games or literally everything on your phone. The app also has capturing tools to help you record screen activities or take snaps and a whiteboard marker for doodling or annotating. When you’re busy with your computer, you may turn on the Notification access on the app, so you’ll receive text alerts on your monitor. Here are the steps on how to mirror Android to mac.
- First, download and install ApowerMirror on your Mac.Download
- On your Android, proceed to the Google Play Store and search for ApowerMirror. Install the mobile version of the app.
- Once you’re done installing the app, launch it and connect your phone with a USB cable. Enable USB debugging mode then click on “Start Now” when prompted. You may also connect wirelessly by tapping the M blue button on the mobile app.
- After connecting, you can use your mouse and keyboard to control your phone. You can click on the buttons from the side bar to access the other functions like full screen mode, screen recorder, and whiteboard marker.
Another application you can use to cast your Android device to Mac is AirDroid. Actually, this became popular for its ability to transfer files between devices. But, it’s not the only feature of the app; it includes a mirroring function for your phone screen. This lets you access your Android for free; however, you need to sign in for an account. Like ApowerMirror, it can record your screen from your computer however; it also has a built-in screen recorder from the mobile app. Hence, you may choose if you want to use your PC or do it directly on your phone. This might seem like a good app to use; however, it does not allow you to control your Android using your PC. You’ll need a different app plus a rooted device to enjoy this feature. Anyhow, follow the instructions below to mirror Android to Mac.
- Download AirDroid on your Android device and sign in to an account.
- On your computer, install AirDroid and log in using the similar account on your phone. Connect your devices on the same Wi-Fi network and wait for your computer to recognize your device.
- At this point, go to the main interface of the program and click on your phone under “My devices” and choose “View Only Mode”. Hit “Start Now” to initiate the mirroring process.
Tip: You may also click on “Remote Camera” to access your phone camera from your desktop, AirIME to use your computer keyboard on your phone, and AirMirror to control Android.
Vysor is an application you can find on your Chrome extension. It enables you to project your mobile devices on your monitor and lets you control it with your mouse and keyboard. With this, you can cast videos, pictures, music, play games, and manage your device on your monitor. Vysor comes in two versions: free and premium. While you may use the free version to send your Android to Mac, you won’t be able to record screen, change the resolution of your mirrored device, and remove ads. These functions are only available when you get the paid version of the app. Nonetheless, you can take screenshots, enable notifications and do some basic work. Refer to the guide below to share Android screen on mac.
- To begin, install Vysor on your Android device and connect it to your PC with a USB cable.
- After that, open your browser and head over to the Chrome Store. Search for Vysor and download it to your computer.
- Navigate to your Chrome applications and click on Vysor. From the new pop-up window, select your phone from the detected devices. If you do not see your phone on the list, simply hit “Find Devices” then choose your Android from the options.
- Finally, hit “Ok” to begin the mirroring process.
Generally, you may choose between these recommendable applications to display Android on Mac. To compare, all the aforementioned apps have capturing tools that allow you to record screen. However, AirDroid only allows you to mirror your phone, meanwhile Vysor and ApowerMirror offer you the capability to control your Android with your mouse and keyboard.