MP3 was once the most popular audio format for multimedia streams. However, it shaves off some parts of music to reduce file size to a more compact level. Therefore, more and more people apply FLAC as the alternative to MP3. FLAC is the abbreviation of Free Loss Audio Codec which remains the perfect audio quality. Beyond that, the audio data compressed with FLAC algorithm will be reduced to 50-60% of its original file size. FLAC makes it possible to cut off file size while keeping the impeccable quality.
Despite of the increasing popularity of FLAC, it couldn’t be played on most of portable devices like Android. To overcome this setback, it’s advisable to convert FLAC to other compatible format. In the following parts, you will learn how to play FLAC on Android.
Online Solutions to Convert FLAC file
An online tool will always come in handy for you to do format conversion. You are allowed to convert media file at any time and any place with any installation or costs.
Apowersoft Free Online Video Converter
It’s a web-based program that offers multiple audio and video formats for conversion, which includes MP3, WAV, MP4, AVI, OGG, WMA, etc. Also, it comes with a quick editor which enables you to adjust bitrate, channels, simple rate based on your preferences. You can follow the steps below to play FLAC on Android.
- Navigate to the site of Apowersoft Free Online Video Converter.
- Click “Browse” button to load the local FLAC file.
- Choose desired audio format in Step 2.
- Press “Convert” button to choose output path in your disk and start converting.
Within a short while, the task will be completed. You can then export the converted audio file to your Android. Next, open media play app in your Android phone and browse the imported file for playing.
Another online tool is Zamzar which can works as an efficient Android FLAC player. It also offers many formats for media file converting, such as MP3, WMA, WAV, AC3 and so on. When using this application, you’re allowed to convert media file up to 100MB. You can do as follow to use this tool.
- Go to the site of Zamzar.
- Press “Choose Files” to load the target media file.
- Drop down the menu in Step 2 to choose output format.
- Fill in the blank in Step 3 with your email address.
- Press “Convert” button to get start.
When it finishes converting, you will receive the output file in your mail box that you provided.
Note that, these online tools may be unstable if your network is not good. Under such circumstance, you may consider using its desktop version.
Professional Solution for conversion
Apowersoft Video Converter Studio
Apowersoft Video Converter Studio is a professional converting program that can also works as a FLAC player for Android. There’re numerous audio and video formats available in this application which enables you to do conversion without any hassles. Also, it’s equipped with an audio/video editor that empowers you to trim audio/video clips, customize stereo, visual effects and resolution of media file, etc. Besides, it comes with some practical tools like Video Downloader, Screen Recorder and MV Maker. Check the operation steps below to learn how to use it.
- Download and install the program by clicking the button above.
- Add or drag FLAC file into the program.
- Go to “Profile” > “Audio” and choose a preferred audio format.
- Press “Convert” button to get start.
- When task completes, export the audio file to your Android device.
How to transfer converted file to Android
In the past, users are required to connect phone and computer via USB cable before exporting file to their phones. Fortunately, you can now get rid of USB cable by using a cable-free program called AirMore.
It’s a great web-based program that unfetters you to manage phone data without using USB cable. With this tool, you can easily import and export pictures, music, videos, messages, files and many more between mobile and computer. Therefore, it will come in handy for you to transfer audio to Android device. To use this application, you can refer the guidance below.
- Click the button to download AirMore from Google Play to your phone.
- Go to the site of AirMore and scan the QR code on webpage with your device.
- Tap “Accept” button on your phone to confirm connection.
- Enter “Music” tab on page, and click “Upload Files” to choose target files.
Once it has finished transferring, you can find and enjoy the audio file in your phone.
All of above methods are quite workable to play FLAC on Android. If you are reluctant to install programs on your computer, the online solution will be a desirable choice. As for those people who prefer more advanced functions, Apowersoft Video Converter Studio is the most recommended software.