DVD which refers to “digital versatile disc” or “digital video disc”, is a digital optical disc storage format. It became all the rage because of the development of entertainment. Over time, DVD is not considered to be a good way to save videos because it is not playing conveniently. Even if you’re able to extrac the VOB video file from DVD, it’s still not supported by most of the portable devices like iPhone, iPad, iPod, Android mobile phone or tablet cannot run DVD format well.
The question is if you get DVD optical disc, and adore its the background music of movie song, how you can play these songs on your player. The best way to solve that problem is to convert DVD to MP3 or other common audio formats. Take MP3 format as an example, I’ll show you some tricks to make your conversion easier in this article.
Three Simple Ways to Convert DVD Music to MP3
Convert DVD files online
With the development of multimedia technology, you can convert DVD files in different formats in minutes. The first method you can use is Online DVD Converter. This free online converter can easily convert DVD format into various file formats such as MP3, FLAC, WAV, WMA, AAC, etc. What’s more, there’s no need to install any software. let’s see the detailed instructions of how to convert DVD to MP3.
- Click here to go to the webpage of the online application.
- Put your DVD inside your PC’s DVD ROM.
- Browse the DVD file among the folder and choose one VOB file to convert.
- Select the audio output settings that you want. In this case check for MP3.
- Click “Convert” button, wait for a shot while and you can get your files in MP3.
- Before using this DVD to MP3 converter, please make sure that you have installed the Java Applet on your computer.
- In output settings, you can adjust the bitrate and sample rate as you like.
- If you want to convert a batch of DVD files, just click the “±” button to load more of them in the same way.
This online application has a limit that the conversion speed depends on network. The poor Internet connection will lead to the failure of conversion, following methods are better choices.
Convert DVD files offline
That’s not a problem if you have professional desktop software to convert DVD to MP3. Apowersoft Video Converter Studio can convert all types of video/audio formats, such as AVI, MP4, FLV, DVD, MP3, and many others. Follow the below details to know how to use it.
- Install and launch the program.
- Hit the left Add button on top menu to import the DVD file.
- Forward to Audio option and choose “MP3” format.
- Set the output folder then click “Convert” button.
- Wait for a while and the MP3 will be saved on your PC.
By the way, Video Converter Studio supports to convert most of the video and audio formats. This software also has editing features that you can trim and crop videos, add visual effect, watermark and subtitle to the video. With these functions you can make the video more fantastic.
Free but complicated converter
Format Factory is more than a DVD to MP3 converter. It is a multifunctional media converter. This convenient software empowers you to convert files into different formats to make it compatible with a mobile player.
As for converting DVD files to MP3, select Audio option and choose MP3 format. Hit Add files button to upload DVD file. After adjusting output settings, click OK to complete the process. You can convert either single files or entire folders from one format to another. If your media files are corrupted, it can help to repair them. A problem is that in output settings you can choose different qualities for output files: medium quality, high quality, low quality. However, you cannot adjust specific parameter of MP3 file.
It has some extreme functions that you can have better experience. For instance, you can use its build-in picture converter to convert pictures into ICO, JPG, PNG, BMG, GIF, etc. While converting pictures, this program allows you rotation and zoom images as well as add tags and watermarks.
These three DVD to MP3 converters recommended above are all easy to use. Online converter is more convenient. But its converting process is restricted by network. Format Factory can convert DVD files speedily. However, you cannot adjust parameter of the output MP3 file. As for converting DVD files to MP3, the second way may be the best choice for you.
Leave a Comment