There’s no option to remove all photos stored on your iPhone’s camera roll at once. Pictures taken with your iPhone can of course be removed with such ease and comfort. But when it comes to transferred, downloaded and synced pictures, you cannot simply click the “Trash” icon or tap the menu button because there’s no such option available.
So why would you want to delete photos from iPhone photo library? Eliminating those embarrassing moments, censored pictures, unwanted depictions, upholding your own privacy and freeing up some space are just some of the reasons why most people opt to eradicate snapshots stored on their iPhones. Deleting photo-library stored pictures on your iPhone might look impossible given the fact that there are no “removal” options available. However it is indeed possible with these tips and trick; see them below.
1. Remove photos from iPhone Camera Roll directly (common method)
2. Delete iPhone photos in Photo Library with Apple iTunes (iTunes method)
3. Remove your iPhone pictures by using a free online application (freeware method)
4. Delete iPhone photos permanently (shareware method)
How to Delete Photos from iPhone Camera Roll/Photo Library
Solution 1: Delete iPhone Camera Roll photos directly
If you just want to remove your photos from iPhone Camera Roll, please check the following steps:
- Launch photos app by tapping the “Photos” icon on the main interface.
- From the Albums list, click “Camera Roll”.
- Tap the “Edit” or “Select” button.
- Select the photos you want to delete.
- Hit the “Delete” button.
- Choose “Delete Selected Photos”.
- Click the “Remove from Album” option for confirmation.
Solution 2: Delete photos from iPhone Photo Library by using iTunes
Note that using this method, you need to have the latest iTunes version installed on your PC. Also, this technique will only delete photos or albums previously synced from your computer. For direct deletion of pictures stored on your camera roll, please refer to other methods.
- Connect your iPhone to computer using USB cable.
- Open iTunes and wait until your device has been automatically recognized.
- Click the “iPhone” icon situated on the left panel.
- Select “Photos” tab on top.
- Clear the checkbox to delete photos from iPhone.
- Tap the “sync/apply” button to finish the process.
Solution 3: Use a free application to delete your photos from iPhone Camera Roll
For those who don’t have the time, knowledge and skills on how to delete photos from iPhone camera roll, there’s an application available that does the job efficiently. Aside from being 100% free, the Online iPhone Transfer needs not to be installed since it is a web-based application. Moreover, it requires no fees and sign-ups.
- Launch the application and permit the java notification pop up.
- Connect your iPhone using USB cable.
- As soon as your device has been recognized, you will see an interface, tap “Photos” on the left pane.
- Hit “Camera Roll” on top and select the photos you want to delete.
- Click the “Delete” button.
Aside from the ability to delete all photos from iPhone camera roll, or selected pictures depending on your desires, the online app additionally acts as an efficient iPhone file manager. You can use it to transfer or manage photos, music, videos, documents, applications, contacts, bookmarks and more between PC and iPhone without iTunes.
Solution 4: Delete photos from iPhone permanently
If you want to permanently delete all pictures stored on your iPhone’s Camera Roll or Photo Library for privacy and security reasons, you can use the iPhone Data Cleaner. Aside from the ability to remove camera roll photos, this software can likewise erase files, passwords, contacts, apps, user IDs, account info, system setting, bookmarks, videos, memos, SMS and all others as easy as counting 1-2-3. With 3 data erasing levels and 2 erasing modes, it offers a very personalized way of wiping out iPhone files.
To delete all photos, selected pictures or other files permanently on your iPhone, simply:
- Download and install iPhone Data Cleaner on your PC.
- Connect your iPhone to PC using USB cable.
- After automatic device recognition, choose “Erase Deleted Files” on the main interface.
- Choose your desired security level.
Note: With the iPhone Data Cleaner, there are three erasing levels available. First is “Low” if you want to erase data quick and easy, “Medium” if you want to overwrite deleted and existing files, then “High” for removing private data such as bank records, passwords, account IDs and all others. What’s more, this software supports all iOS devices from iPad to iPod Touch.
- Hit “Start” button to begin the wiping process.
- Tap “Done” once complete.
As you could see, it is possible to delete all photos from iPhone photo library or camera roll with the help of the above tips and tricks. Depending on your needs, you can use the iTunes method or free app which does not require installation such as the Apowersoft Online iPhone Transfer. However if you will be giving your iPhone to a friend or relative as a gift, selling it to second hand stores, or just to make it factory-fresh once again, it is advised to use the iPhone Data Cleaner which is a professional iOS data wiping software.