As we know, iMovie is simple video editing software which could be used to edit photos, videos and clips on iPhone, iPad, iPod touch as well as other Apple products. Many people want to edit VOB videos using iMovie but disappointed finding that the editor fails to support the format. That’s because iMovie is incompatible with VOB. The only method to make it possible is by converting VOB to a format compatible with iMovie. Then you could load VOB to iMovie and make a personalized video according to your design. However, what format should we choose? You could choose MP4 as the target video format as MP4 is commonly adopted by all the Apple products. And next you could take the following methods to convert VOB files to iMovie.
How to convert VOB to iMovie
Apowersoft Free Online Video Converter
To realize conversion instantly, you could turn to this free online application. It is a versatile converter which could run seamlessly on both Windows and Mac. The people who need convenient and instant solution can take it for reference as its function is comprehensive, interface neat and operational process simple. As soon as go to the website, you could employ the web-based application immediately, without needs to learn how to use. Except conversion, you could also use it to do some basic editing jobs such as to rotate or trim video and etc. Well, let’s proceed according to the guides as follows.
- Go to the online Apowersoft Free Online Video Converter.
- Click “Browse” button and select your target video.
- Select MP4 as output format.
- Click “Convert” and then it starts to convert. Wait for a moment and it will end soon.
Apowersoft Video Converter for Mac
This is a superior program designed and developed based on Mac system. You could use it on your Mac computer without incompatible issue to convert VOB to iMovie. What’s more, it has a special column which channels different output formats according to respective Apple product such as iPad, iPad2, iPad mini, iPhone, iPhone 4s, QuickTime and many others. It is tailored for Apple fans and you could download and install it to have a try.
- Launch the converter when you have finished installing.
- Click “Add” and load the VOB video file.
- Click “Profile” bar and choose a format from the pop-up options. If you have no choice, you could go to the “to Apple” column and then select any format which is compatible with either Mac or iOS. It’s convenient that all of the formats are supported by iMovie also.
- Click “OK” after selection.
- Click “Convert” to start conversion and wait for a while.
Video Converter Studio
This converter suits the Windows users who have iOS devices. It also provides a series of output formats serving for Apple products, such as iPad, iPad mini, iPhone, iPod Touch, iPod Classic, Apple TV, Quick Time and etc. You could select export format according to the version of your iOS devices directly, which is very convenient to make you convert VOB files to iMovie format. You could download and install it to have a try.
- Run the installed converter.
- Click “Add” and import VOB file to the software.
- Go to the “Profile” bar and choose a format according to your iOS devices under “to Apple” tab.
- Click “Ok” after confirmation.
- Click “Convert” and wait for a while. The process will be end soon.
Summary: All of the above methods are accessible to realizing the conversion. You can choose a proper solution and an appropriate format according to the gear of your device. The first method to convert VOB to iMovie free is the most convenient one which has been warmly welcomed by users. The second and third solutions are respectively suitable to the people who have Mac or Windows computer. You could have a try to experience separate tool by yourself.