Apple Inc. is going to release a new OS, that is macOS 10.15, also called macOS Catalina. It comes with all new features and apps. One of the biggest changes in this update is saying goodbye to iTunes. With that being said, most of the new users of iPhone or Mac are frequently asking how they can transfer photos from iPhone to macOS Catalina without using iTunes. Luckily, here are the 3 best ways you can reply on to do it. Check them below to see how you can transfer your iPhone photos to macOS Catalina.
How to transfer photos from iPhone to macOS Catalina
ApowerManager is a desktop tool that you can use to download photos from iPhone to macOS Catalina. The main function of this tool is to manage files, apps and documents from iPhone to Mac with ease. You can import, export or delete unwanted files stored from your iPhone, and you can also do the same for call logs, messages and contacts. Here is how to transfer photos from iPhone to Mac 10.15 using ApowerManager.
- Download and install ApowerManager on your iPhone and Mac.
- Connect your iPhone to Mac using a lightning cable, and tap “Trust” to successfully connect the both devices.
- Once done, on the interface of the tool from you Mac, click the “Manage” button then select the “Photos” tab located at the left side of the interface. From there, select the photos you want to transfer, then click “Export”, choose a location to save the photos, and then hit “Open”. Then your iPhone photos will be successfully saved onto your Mac.
Image Capture is a built-in tool made to import photos from iPhone to macOS Catalina. Most of the Mac users are not aware about this tool. It allows you to easily transfer photos from iPhone to Mac. Just search it thru the search tool or you can find it in the “Other” folder in the Launchpad or in the Applications folder.
To transfer photos from iPhone to Mac 10.15 using Image Capture, follow the simple guidance below.
- Firstly, on your iPhone, go to “Settings”, then scroll down, click “Photos” then scroll all the way down again and click “Keep original” when you found “Transfer to Mac or PC”. Once done, connect your iPhone to Mac using a lightning cable.
- Once connected, launch the Image Capture on your Mac, then click your device icon. On the interface, you can now see your iPhone photos from your Mac.
- At the lower part of the interface you can see the option where you can select the destination of the imported photos. Select photos and click the “Import” button or just click the “Import all” button to start moving photos from your iPhone to your macOS Catalina.
AirMore is a tool that allows you to connect your iPhone wirelessly to Mac and transfer files from iPhone to macOS Catalina at ease. You can use it to manage and delete files as well, including photos, videos, music, documents, etc. To learn how to transfer photos from iPhone to macOS Catalina using AirMore, just follow the steps below.
- On your iPhone, go to App Store and install the app.
- On your Mac, simply visit the official website of AirMore and click the “Launch AirMore Web to Connect” button.
- Next, connect your iPhone to Mac. Connect your iPhone and Mac to the same WiFi network. Then you can use your iPhone to scan the QR code from its website to connect. Or just switch to “Radar” feature, it will detect available devices on the same wireless network; once detected, click the avatar of your iPhone to connect.
- Once connected, click the “Pictures” tab, then select the photos you want to transfer. Afterwards, click the “Export” button to export your iPhone photos to your macOS Catalina.
Those are the 3 best ways for you to transfer photos from iPhone to macOS Catalina. They will help you transfer photos with ease. Just follow these tips to avoid problems when dealing with your iPhone photos. If you want to connect iPhone to Mac using USB cable, then you can try ApowerManager and the built-in Image Capture; if you prefer connecting your iPhone without USB cable, you can turn to AirMore.