iTunes makes it easier for iOS devices to backup their device. As such, you can regularly backup your data and save yourself from hassle brought by accidental data being lost. However, most of the backup files eat up large storage on your computer. Therefore, you might want to delete iTunes backup. Maybe because you are running out of space on your computer or probably you just need the latest and not the older backups. For some, their file had been corrupted thus won’t be useful anymore. So, if you’re looking for the best way to manage your backup files, read along and find out.
How to Delete iTunes Backup on Windows/Mac
For Windows – Use ApowerManager
Windows users can utilize ApowerManager. This is basically a phone manager which allows Android and iOS users to export and import files between their device and computer. It also has other buttons to help you organize your mobile contents. Moreover, the software is packed with extra features. For example, you can use it to mirror screen from your phone to your computer. In addition to that, you may use this tool to backup and restore your data. You may create a full backup, fully restore your device from the backups available, and manage your backup files. Scroll down below for the step by step process on how to delete iPhone backup from iTunes.
- Download install and launch the app on your computer.
- Next, plug in your iPhone to your computer using a lightning cable. Make sure that your phone is unlocked so that the app can access your file.
- After connecting, the app will display all the files stored on your phone. On the main interface, go to “Tools” tab and click on “Backup & Restore”.
- Now, choose “Manage Full Backup Data” and from the new window, you will find all the backups on your computer.
- Tap the backup files you want and hit “Delete” to remove iTunes backup.
ApowerManager has a smart design which makes it suitable for all users. Actually, one can easily navigate and perform tasks within the program with just a few clicks. Furthermore, you don’t need an internet connection for the app to work steadily. In any case, this is a great program to use because there are no ads and limitations.
For Mac – Use iTunes
If you are a Mac user, you can also easily delete unwanted iPhone backups on your computer effortlessly. Most of the time, iTunes create a backup of your device when you sync your phone with your computer. Thus, you can have backup files without you knowing which can result in many unwanted backups and low memory on a computer. There are third-party apps that you can use for to delete your data. But iTunes works perfectly fine on Mac computers, unlike on Windows, since this is the default phone managing app for Apple. Here’s how to delete iTunes backup:
- Open iTunes on your Mac and navigate to “Menu” > “Preferences”.
- Choose “Devices” from the tabs.
- Finally, press the “Delete” button to confirm the process and wait until the software is done removing your files.
Note: You can control-click your choice and hit “Show in Finder” to find iTunes backup location.
The above ways showed you how you can smoothly delete old iTunes backups off your computer. Just a simple reminder to carefully check your files before you erase them because recovering data is much harder than removing them. Also, there is no guarantee that you can still restore the deleted files as you like it.
Leave a Comment