MOV format is a type of media file that contains one or more tracks, storing audio, video or text. It was developed by Apple Inc. and generally adopted by most of Mac or iOS devices like Mac computer, iPhone, iPad and iTouch. It features great compatibility that can be recognized by different media players and editing programs. Therefore, many videos are saved in the format of MOV presently.
For some people, they may want to extract some amusing and interesting episodes from movies or selfie video clips, and then convert those episodes to GIF images. Lightweight and convenient as the animated image is, GIF takes relatively smaller space and can be spread easily on multiple platforms like forums, blogs, emails, websites and many more. However, there’re many people have no idea about how to convert MOV to GIF. The followings will offer some wonderful solutions to do this job.
Recommended application to make GIF
Apowersoft Video Converter Studio
Apowersoft Video Converter Studio is a professional converting program for format conversion. This program is capable of recognizing numerous audio and video file and converting to other format with no quality loss. Also, the built-in video editor is quite practical, which offers multiple editing options. You can trim and crop the video clips for certain desired section in video. In the meanwhile, you can add visual effects for the video by adjusting saturation, brightness, contrast and so on, which can make your video more stylish and special. This application is very easy to use, you may convert MOV to GIF with the instructions below.
Step 1: Trim desired section
- Download and install this application on your computer.
- Launch the application then add target video file.
- Click “Edit” button to activate video editor.
- Hit on the button of “Add Trim Marker” then select needed section by adjusting the control slider. (You can also fill in the blank of start time and end time with exact timeline.)
- Press “OK” to confirm the configuration and return to the main interface.
Advanced tricks: Personalize GIF file (Optional)
Before performing step 2, you can also personalize the GIF image with the video editor, such as cropping certain area of the image, adding subtitle and watermark. Especially for the subtitle and watermark, which can makes the GIF image more interesting and identify your ownership.
Step 2: Perform format conversion
- Click “Profile” and choose “GIF” as the output format in pop up menu.
- Press “Convert” button to start converting.
- The saving folder of the converted file will be opened automatically once the conversion is completed.
Online applications to convert MOV to GIF
Online application is also workable to make GIF image from MOV video, such as Imgflip. It is a free web-based application that allows users to convert video to animated picture on webpage directly without installing any programs. Also, it offers some simple editing options for you to edit the GIF image, such as adding text and cropping image. When it completes conversion, it will generate the link and code for you to embed the image to forums and blogs. Below are the detailed steps about converting MOV to GIF with this tool.
- Go to the site of Imgflip.
- Press the button of “Upload Video” to load local MOV video.
- Select preferred section with the control slider.
- Click “Generate GIF” button.
- When it finishes converting, press the button of “Download Image” on pop up dialogue to save the GIF picture.
It is also an effective online program that can finely make format conversion for different files, such as audio, video, image, document and so forth. This online application supports most of formats for different purposes. Likewise, it also offers some basic editing options along with converting, such as customizing size and visual effects. Check the following steps to learn how to use this MOV to GIF converter.
- Navigate to the page of Online Converter.
- Go to the tab of “Convert files to GIF”.
- Upload the MOV file by clicking the button of “Choose Files”.
- Click “Convert files” to get start.
Each of those applications does a great job in converting MOV to GIF. Whereas, for those people who need more advanced functions, Apowersoft Video Converter Studio is the best one for its comprehensive functionality.