The main reason why we use our mobile phones is to stay connected with our friends, colleagues, relatives, family, and others. However, there are times that we lose our phone contacts and it is a very common problem for some iOS users. There are some contacts disappeared from iPhone which can be stressful. In this article, we share you dependable solutions to fix iPhone contacts disappearance with or without iTunes backup. Given below are some of the best solutions to your lost contacts problem.
How to Fix Contacts Disappeared from iPhone?
General Methods to Retrieve Disappeared Contacts
There are some instances where contacts on iPhones went missing. These problems only happens occasionally and contacts are lost temporarily. In these cases, you can fix disappeared contacts from iPhone on your device directly. Just follow the steps below on what to do when you lost some contacts on iPhone.
1. Turn on or Toggle off and on your Contacts in iCloud
If you sync your contacts to your iCloud, you can easily restore them to your iPhone by just turning on the contacts on iCloud if it is off. Moreover, you can toggle it off and on by just going to Settings > iCloud > Find Contacts > Toggle off and then toggle it on again. After that, iCloud will ask you “replace iPhone contacts with iCloud content?” just select “Delete from my iPhone” and your contacts will be restored.
2. Restart Your Device
Restarting your iPhone can help in many iOS devices problems and one of these problems is fixing your temporarily lost contacts. Just press and hold the power button to display “Slide to Turn Off” > Turn off then press and hold the power button again to turn it on.
3. Reset Network Settings
If the above mentioned did not work, try to fix or resetting the network to fix your issue on the disappearance of your contacts. Go to Settings > General > reset > Reset Network Settings (Enter Password if being asked) > choose Reset Network Settings again to continue and then check if your lost contacts are back.
4. Recover with iTunes backup
One of the easiest ways to recover all contacts disappeared from iPhone is when you back them up on your iTunes. However, iTunes does not allow users to view your back up files, which is why you do know if your backup contains the contact you have lost or deleted. Moreover, restoring backups from iTunes also means replacing your current files wherein those files will be deleted permanently.
5. Launch iTunes and connect your device to your PC.
- Right-click your iPhone under the devices list and click “Restore Backup”.
- Choose the latest backup available then click “Restore”.
How to Fix iPhone Contacts Disappeared without Backup
The last solution on the list but the best tool we have is ApowerRescue. This professional iDevice recovery software is capable of recovering almost all of your lost data on your iPhone or iPad. Besides that, this supports a wide variety of iOS devices from the latest to the oldest ones. In addition, with this tool, you will be able to recover contacts and other data from your iTunes backup. In addition, ApowerRescue can distinguish the deleted files from the existing ones so you can easily recover the ones you have accidentally removed. Therefore, here are the steps on how to recover some iPhone contacts disappeared.
- Download ApowerRescue from its official page then install it on your PC.
- When the installation is done, run the program and connect your iPhone to your computer via lightning cable.
- Once connected, select “Contacts” from the main interface then hit “Start Scan” to start analyzing your device.
- After the scanning process, choose “Only show deleted” from the “Filter” tab and it will show you the preview of the contacts you have deleted or lost.
- Finally, choose the ones you want to recover, then hit “Recover to computer” and select the folder wherein you want to place the contacts.
These are the ways on how to retrieve deleted or lost contacts on your iPhone. With these applications, recovering your lost or deleted contacts and other files is just a piece of cake for you. However, if you want the best application that can extract files directly from your device and from your iTunes and iCloud back up all at the same time, ApowerRescue is the best for you.