ApowerMirror desktop program is an application to stream Android/iPhone screen to the computer. It also allows Android users to control devices from PC with mouse and keyboard. With this program, people can freely enjoy media files saved in the phone from the computer, present PPT, PDF and other documents with colleges or partners in a big screen, and play Android games or sending messages using mouse and keyboard. Now, let’s get to know how to use this tool.
Guide on How to Use ApowerMirror Desktop Program
Connect Phone to PC
Download the application on your Windows computer or Mac. Install and launch it.
- Connect iPhone and PC to the same WiFi network.
- Download ApowerMirror app on your iPhone or iPad.
- Tap the mirror button below, wait for the app to detect your computer, and then tap the name of your computer.
- On your iPhone, open Control Center. If your iPhone is running iOS 11, tap “Screen Mirroring” and choose the name that displays as “Apowersoft”. If your iPhone is running iOS 10, tap “AirPlay Mirroring”, choose the name that displays as “Apowersoft”.
- Turn on USB debugging on your Android.
- Connect Android to PC via USB cable. On your phone, if windows appear asking to allow USB debugging, choose “Always allow from this computer” and tap “OK”. Wait for an app to be installed on your Android. For some phones, you may need to install the app manually.
- Open the app on your phone. A notification will pop up. Tap “START NOW” and your Android screen will be mirrored to PC.
- Get Android and PC linked to the same wireless network.
- Download the ApowerMirror app on your Android.
- Open the app on the phone. Tap the Mirror icon to scan for the available devices. Choose your computer whose name begins with “Apowersoft”. Tap “START NOW”. Afterward, you will see the Android screen on the computer.
Note: you can check “Don’t show again” in the notification window to avoid tapping it every time.
Features You can Enjoy
Shared Functions for both Android & iPhone
Stream Android and iPhone screens simultaneously
ApowerMirror is perfectly compatible with both Android and iOS systems. Moreover, it can display three devices on the computer at the same time. All you need to do is establishing the connections of the phones to the computer.
Note: you can go to “Options” > “General settings” to change the display quality if needed.
Record phone screen with audio
For iPhone with AirPlay service, after the successful connection to the desktop program via WiFi, you can freely record the operation on your mobile along with audio by tapping the “Start recording” button on the right side of the application or directly pressing Ctrl+R. While for Android devices, you can also record phone screen through both USB and WiFi. However, if you want to stream or record Android audio on the computer, you need to use Chromecast or Google Home to wirelessly cast your phone screen to ApowerMirror. Using ApowerMirror alone cannot stream the Android audio.
Note: On Windows computer, before recording, you can go to “Options” > “Capturing settings” and choose the video format, video quality, output directory, or audio input. This application can record system sound from both the mobile phone and the computer with the right operation. Besides, it can also record the microphone of your computer. You can press Ctrl and +/- simultaneously to adjust the volume.
Take phone screenshots with one click
ApowerMirror allows you to make screenshots of the phone with ease. Simply turn the phone to the screen you want to capture, and then click the “Screenshot” icon on the right bar or press Ctrl+Q.
Draw or mark on the screen
During presentations, the Whiteboard function is very useful. After mirroring your phone screen to PC, you can draw lines or make marks on the screen to highlight the important parts. Click the “Whiteboard” button and the cursor will turn into a pen. Drag your mouse to draw the shape you like. After clicking the “Whiteboard”, you will see three buttons. Click the first one to change the color. Click the second one to undo the last operation. Click the third one to clear all the previous drawings.
Exclusive Functions for Android
Control Android from PC
ApowerMirror allows users to fully control devices running Android 5.0 and higher from the computer with mouse and keyboard. For now, it allows you to control three Android devices simultaneously. In order to give ApowerMirror the right to control Android from PC, you need to connect your phone to PC via USB cable for the first time. Afterward, you can also use WiFi connection to achieve it. If a window appears saying that “The Control from PC mode has not been enabled yet”, you need to connect Android to PC through USB cable to enable the permission.
Note: if you restart the phone, the permission to control Android from PC will be disabled by the system. If so, you need to use USB cable to build the connection to enable it.
Send Android messages from PC
After connection via USB or WiFi, you can enter SMS, WhatsApp, and other social network apps to send messages with mouse and keyboard conveniently. You can change the input method of the computer so as to enter the right language you want. What’s more, you can press Ctrl+C to copy the texts from the computer and press Ctrl+V to directly paste them on your phone.
Display Android notifications
This software can also show the notifications on your Android phone. After you build the connection through USB or WiFi, you will see a dialog coming out, inquiring whether you want ApowerMirror to show the notification. Hit “Enable now” and it will jump into the “Notification access” screen. Turn on “ApowerMirror”.
You can also make the settings on your Android phone. Run the ApowerMirror app on the mobile. Tap the menu button on the upper left corner. Choose “Settings”, open “Desktop notifications”. Turn on “ApowerMirror” and tap “OK”.
Q: How can I stream Android audio to PC?
A: Please open ApowerMirror desktop program and use Chromecast or Google Home to mirror your Android screen to the computer so as to stream the audio. Note that they only work for WiFi connection. You can check the detailed guide.
Q: Can I connect iPhone to ApowerMirror via USB cable?
A: Sorry, for now, ApowerMirror only allows you to connect iPhone via WiFi. The USB connection only works for Android. We are still working on it. In order to share your iPhone screen with PC via USB cable, you can try this Phone Manager program instead.
Q: Why can’t I connect my phone to ApowerMirror via WiFi?
A: It is possible that your phone and PC are not connected to the same WiFi network. Another possibility is that the firewall or the antivirus software blocks the ApowerMirror application. You can turn them off and try again.
Q: Why can’t I connect my Android to ApowerMirror via USB successfully?
A: Please check the following things:
- Make sure you have turned on USB debugging on your phone.
- Make sure you have selected MTP mode and allowed USB debugging on your Android after plugging in the USB cable.
- Make sure you haven’t opened any other program which contains the screen mirroring function. Because it will cause adb conflict.
- Make sure you have installed the correct USB driver that matches your device.
- Try another USB cable or USB port.
- Restart your phone app and the desktop program, then try again.
Q: Why can’t I hear/record the sound of my Android after I connect it to PC using ApowerMirror app?
A: Sorry, ApowerMirror app cannot stream the Android audio. You need to use Chromecast or Google Home to cast your Android to ApowerMirror via WiFi so that you can hear or record it.
Q: Do you have any shortcuts when using ApowerMirror?
A: Yes. You can press Ctrl+Q to take screenshots, Ctrl+R to record screen, Ctrl++ or Ctrl+- to control the volume, Ctrl+C and Ctrl+V to copy the texts from the computer and paste them into the phone.
Q: How can I turn off the desktop notification?
A: You can turn it off either from the Android app or from the desktop program.
- From the desktop application: open ApowerMirror desktop program, click “Options” > “General settings”, uncheck the “Enable apps/calls/messages notifications”.
- From the Android app: open ApowerMirror app on your Android, slide to the right side, open “Settings” and tap “Desktop notifications”. There you can turn on or turn off the notifications.
Q: When I open YouTube videos, the mirrored screen on the computer is black. Why is that?
A: Sorry. Due to the encrypted policy of YouTube, Netflix and some other video platforms, our program cannot mirror their content.
Q: Why can’t I connect my Xiaomi phone to ApowerMirror with USB cable? I have turned on USB debugging.
A: MIUI system adds an extra restriction. Please go to “Develop options”, turn on “USB debugging (Security settings)” and reconnect again.
Q: The mirrored screen is too big. How can I adjust it?
A: After mirroring your phone to PC, put the cursor at the right bottom of the program. There you can adjust the screen as you like.
Q: Why can’t I control my Android from PC using WiFi anymore after I restart my phone?
A: Due to the system restriction, if you restart your phone, the “Control Android from PC” permission will be disabled by Android system. Therefore, you need to connect your Android to the desktop program using USB cable to re-activate it.