PDF is one of the most commonly used file types. It is used by a wide variety of people, ranging from teachers, to students, business people, and others. By using this file type, users can view, store, share and edit their PDF on any device. At times, people can have difficulty in sending the large file size of a PDF document, especially when there is size limitation. Reducing the PDF file size is the best way to circumvent this. Here, we have outlined the best tools which can be used to decrease PDF size effortlessly and quickly.
The awesome tools to decrease PDF size for free
ApowerCompress is an advanced file compression software available for desktop. It is a fast and stable performer. ApowerCompress helps you decrease PDF size offline in three different ways, such as size and quality. Using this program, users can compress several files at the same time using the batch compression feature. It supports the compression of many kinds of files, like PDFs, pictures and videos. This program can compress files with a high-quality output. See the steps below to learn how it works:
- Simply Download the program and install it on your PC. After installation, run the program.
- Hit the “Compress PDF” tab, then drag the files to the program. Alternatively, you may click the “Add PDF” or “Add folder” button to upload files.
- Once the files are added, select a “Type”. Choose the output directory by checking “Customize” and clicking “Select output directory”. After that, click the “Compress” option.
- When it finishes compressing, click the “Open folder” icon to select the compressed files.
Online PDF Compressor
An alternative option which you can use to decrease PDF size online is the Apowersoft Online PDF Compressor. This program enables users to use it on all operating systems, such as Windows, Mac, Android and iOS. It possesses a simple interface that anyone can use, even beginners. Even though it is an online tool, there are no disruptive advertisement pop-ups. Files are highly protected, since the uploaded files are automatically deleted after the compression process. As a positive, this program doesn’t leave any watermark on the compressed file. To learn more about how to use this program, follow this guide:
- Visit the Online PDF Compressor on your device.
- From there, click the “Click to Add PDF” icon to add PDF files to the program.
- Once the files are uploaded, choose a compression type and then hit the “Compress” button.
- Wait until the files are compressed. Click the “Download All” button to save the files.
If you tend to use an Android device, you can use a program called Compress PDF. Compress PDF can reduce your PDF’s file size in just a few steps. It enables users to compress unlimited PDF files using their Android device. What’s more, users can upload files from their device storage, like OneDrive, Google Drive, Dropbox and so on. Android devices which run 4.1 or above can use this application without trouble. Here is the step-by-step procedure of how to use the application:
- First, go to the Google Play Store on your device to download the application.
- Once downloaded, open the app, then tap the “+” icon to add a file.
- When the file is uploaded, the app will begin compressing the file.
- If you are using the free version, you will need to wait 1 hour to process the file. On the other hand, if you have a premium account, you only need to wait for ten seconds.
PDF Compressor : Reduce Size
PDF Compressor: Reduce Size is an iOS application which can help you to decrease PDF size for free. This is a handy program that can be used by anyone. It provides access to your files from Drive and iCloud, without losing their original quality. Moreover, the user can utilize the application anywhere and anytime. If you don’t want to wait too long for the compression process, you can use In-App purchases to speed up the process. To compress a file using this program, follow the steps outlined below:
- Get the application from the App Store on your iOS device.
- Open the tool after installation.
- Tap the “+” icon and select a file from your Drive or iCloud.
- Afterwards, a window will appear asking which conversion process you will prefer. Select one, then wait until it’s done.
All the solutions listed above can help you to instantly reduce the file size of a PDF file. These tools have different techniques and compression features. If you value practicality and are looking for a totally free solution to your problem of how to decrease PDF size, then Apowersoft Online Compressor is the best option. This tool can be utilized on all platforms, as long as your device has a browser and is connected to the internet.