Sometimes, you may get a large size color PDF, and need to print multiple copies. However, printing directly may cost a lot of ink. And it is not necessary to view color PDF for most people. You may wonder how to convert color PDF to black and white. Don’t worry! In this post, we will introduce 3 excellent but easy-to-use programs to help you get a black and white PDF with one click.
Professional Solutions to Convert PDF to Grayscale
1ApowerPDF – Windows Solution
ApowerPDF is a professional PDF tool which can be used on Windows PC. With the help of this program, users can easily turn colored PDF to black and white. It also comes with advanced converting and editing features. Moreover, it can edit PDF files by adding images, texts, watermarks, links, form elements and a lot more. Users can utilize the tool without experiencing any problem, since it has a simple and clean interface. Here are steps on how to convert PDF to grayscale with ApowerPDF.
- Click the button below to download and install the software on your computer.
- Once you launch the program, click “Open Files”, and then choose PDF document from your computer.
- Click “File” and then “Print”.
- Check “Print in grayscale (black and white)”. After this, you will see the file turn to black and white in the preview window.
- Then click “Print” to save the document.
- Generally, the program sets “ApowerPDF Printer” as the default printer, which won’t print anything on your printer, just save the file. If you want to print with your printer, you need to select your printer before clicking the “Print” button.
- Before you start to convert color PDF to black and white, if you want to change the place to store the processed PDF, you can go to “Properties” > “General” > click “Browse” to change the default folder for generated PDF file.
2Preview – Mac Built-in Solution
If you are a Mac user, then you can try Preview. This is a built-in PDF and image viewer. With it, you can use this program even without downloading any third-party application, but can turn color PDF to grayscale. Furthermore, this app can also help you edit, sign PDF as well as convert PDF to other formats. To convert PDF to black and white, see the detailed guide below.
- Go to your Mac computer and right click a PDF file to open it with Preview app.
- On the menu bar of your Mac, click “File”, and hit “Export”.
- Click the dropdown menu at the “Quartz Filter” and then choose “Black & White”.
- Lastly, hit the “Save” button to store the file on your desired location.
3Sejda – Online Website
The last program we recommend is Sejda, an online PDF program for all platforms including Windows PC, Mac OS, Android and iOS. It offers several helpful functions to convert and edit PDF. Furthermore, it allows you to upload your files from a local drive as well as OneDrive, Dropbox and Google Drive. Follow the instruction below and begin to convert color PDF to black and white.
- Visit its “Grayscale” page.
- Next, hit “Upload PDF files” and select PDF from your device.
- Once the file is uploaded, hit “Convert PDF to Grayscale”. You can also click “More options” to set the conversion according to your needs. Once done, the file then will start to convert.
- When the process is done, simply hit the “Download” button to save the converted file onto your device.
The 3 solutions mentioned above are very easy to use. And these programs not only can help you convert PDF to black and white, but also are great tools for managing your PDFs in many other ways. If you often work with PDF documents, we highly recommend ApowerPDF, as it provides multiple handy and professional PDF functions.