Watching a movie is one of the best ways for entertainment at your leisure time. With the rapid development of internet technology, tons of available video hosting sites are delivering numerous movies from each country. Many people would like to download those video clips so that they can enjoy them offline at any time they want or export to portable devices like mobile phone and iPad. Generally, those videos will be saved in the format of MP4 which is compatible with most of media players with great quality. However, it would be embarrassing when you find that the MP4 video has no subtitles especially foreign movies. To make up this drawback, the following parts will offer some reliable solutions to add subtitles to MP4 video.
Recommended programs to add subtitle
Apowersoft Video Converter Studio
Apowersoft Video Converter Studio is powerful application that features comprehensive functionality in adding subtitles. Also, it comes with a subtitle searching function that can help you search corresponding subtitles for your movies. Furthermore, it supports multiple text coding and different subtitle formats like SRT, ASS and SSA. Besides, this program also has the functions of video editing, converting and downloading. With this program, you can customize media files based on your preferences, such as trimming and rotating video clips, adjusting frame rate and visual effects as well as adding watermarks. You will learn how to add subtitle to MP4 video with this program from the following instructions.
- Click the button above to download and install the program on your computer.
- Launch the program and then add MP4 file into the program.
- Press “Edit” button to activate video editor then go to the tab of “Subtitle”.
- Click the icon of “Add subtitle file” to import local subtitle file.
- Press “OK” button to confirm the configurations that you have made.
- Resume to the main interface and press “Convert”.
Tips: You can also press the button of “Search subtitle” which will guide you to a page where you can search and download corresponding subtitle file manually.
Smart trick – Personalize subtitle for the video clips
When adding the subtitle to MP4 video, you can also polish the subtitle by changing its style like effects, fonts, transparency and position. This feature can make your video more vivid and stylish. You can simply follow the steps below to customize subtitle style.
- When you have added the subtitle file successfully, drop down the menu of “Style”.
- Choose a desired style in pop up dialogue.
- Adjust the transparency and position for the subtitle if you need.
Besides, this program is also equipped with some wonderful tools like media file converter, video downloader, screen recorder and MV maker. It provides various audio and video formats for conversion, such as MP3, FLAC, OGG, WMA, MP4, MOV, AVI, WMV and many more. With this converter you can convert media file to any format without losing quality.
VideoPad Video Editor
VideoPad Video Editor is a simple program that enables users to grasp using tricks easily even at the first time using. With this program, you can edit media files with the given editing options, such as adding subtitles, transitions, visual effects, accelerating or slowing down playing speed. In addition, it allows users to burn video to DVD for playback on TV and other devices. To add subtitles to MP4 video file, you can check the followings.
- Launch the program.
- Click the button of “Add File” to browse local MP4 file.
- Right click the added item and choose “Place on Sequence” option.
- Click the “Subtitle” button on the tool bar of main interface.
- Press the button of “Load SSA” to load existing subtitle file. (You can also create subtitle of your own by clicking “Add Subtitle”).
- Close the dialogue to finish editing and save the project in your local drive.
Note that, this program only supports SSA subtitle file. It cannot recognize the other subtitle formats like SRT and ASS.
Each of those programs works perfectly in adding subtitle to MP4 video. However, the second tool falls short in supporting different subtitle formats, but only SSA file. Also, its general functions are limited when comparing with the first one. Take an overall view on them, it’s recommended to use Apowersoft Video Converter Studio which features more advanced functions.
Leave a Comment