WhatsApp is a messenger app that lets you send messages via your smartphones for free relying on internet connection. The messages can be plain texts, images, audios, and videos. The maximum video file size for WhatsApp is 16 MB and its video’s length ranges from 90 seconds to 3 minutes. In this case, you are not able to send a video file with more than 16MB size on WhatsApp. Though there are limits on WhatsApp, you can still send large files on WhatsApp by following the solutions below.
3 Solutions to Send Files Video on WhatsApp
The first way to send a long video on WhatsApp is by using Google Drive. It is a free cloud storage service which lets users back up files stored on their device. Aside from that, users can use this service to share files with large size such as videos, images, documents and so on. It also supports a variety of file formats. A single user with Google account can have free 15 GB storage. You can access your files on every device as long as you log in your account.
Here are the steps you may follow to learn how to send large video on WhatsApp.
- Open Google Drive on your device and log in your account.
- Upload the video file you want to send by tapping the “+” icon.
- Once the file is uploaded, tap and hold the file. When a window pops up, tap the “Copy Link” button.
- Next, go to WhatsApp and select a contact whom you want to send the video to.
- Press and hold on the text field and paste the link of your video.
An alternative way to do the job is by using Dropbox. This is an online service which can be used to send a video file with large size. This tool is perfectly created for sharing a big file such a video, a PowerPoint presentation, a Photoshop file and a lot more. Just make sure that you have signed up an account before utilizing the tool. Follow the simple guide below to send video more than 16MB on WhatsApp.
- Open the Dropbox on your device.
- Sign in your account, tap the “+” icon and choose the video you want to share.
- After that, tap the “three dots” right next to the video. Tap the “Share”.
- When a window shows up, create a downloadable link of the file and then copy the link.
- Lastly, open the WhatsApp and conversation of the contact whom you want to share with. Afterwards, paste the link of the video.
Apowersoft Online File Compressor
If in case you want to try another method to send full video on WhatsApp, you can use Apowersoft Online File Compressor. This program can reduce the file size of a video in a number of formats like MP4, AVI, MOV, MTS, WMV and a lot more. In addition, it supports two video compression types including size and quality. Also, users can compress a video without any limits to the number of files, total file size and times of compression . Below is the step-by-step procedure on how to use it.
- Simply visit the official website of the program via the browser on your device.
- Next, tap the “Click to add file” button, then choose the video you wish to compress.
- After that, select the compression type and output format you perfer, then hit the “Compress”.
- Once the compression is finished, download the compressed video.
- Run WhatsApp and share the compressed video with your friends.
As we shared above, it is easy to send large files on WhatsApp. You just need to use the right tool. Both Google Drive and Dropbox allow you to send large files by creating a link of the file for sharing on WhatsApp. If you intend to send a video which exceeds 16MB directly on WhatsApp, you may use Apowersoft Online File Compressor. It can help you reduce your video to smaller size on the devices running Windows, Mac, Android and iOS systems.