3 Best PDF Readers for Mac
Apowersoft PDF Editor for Mac (An Easy-to-use PDF Reader)
Apowersoft PDF Editor for Mac is a PDF reader focused on viewing, editing, printing, and converting PDFs. Its minimalist approach will offer you a great reading experience.Download
3 ways to read PDF on Mac by using Apowersoft PDF Editor for Mac
- Open Apowersoft PDF Editor for Mac, and click on the “Open Files…” button at the bottom of your window, then select the required PDF file.
- Open Apowersoft PDF Editor for Mac, and drag the PDF file you would like to open into the windows.
- Right-click the PDF file you would like to read, then click the “Open With” button and select Apowersoft PDF Editor for Mac.
Why I choose Apowersoft PDF Editor for Mac to read PDF on Mac?
Apowersoft PDF Editor for Mac is incredible useful for reading PDF files. Its powerful view feature can automatically adjust to the most suitable interface for reading after opening a PDF. And you can also jump directly to the target page by browsing pages. What’s more, the most convenient feature is being able to set bookmarks to continue reading from where you left off next time.
While reading, you can also use the edit feature to modify text and pictures in real-time. Although Apowersoft PDF Editor for Mac has fewer features than the Windows version, the usability is pretty seamless. There is no doubt that Apowersoft PDF Editor for Mac is a superior free PDF reader for Mac for users who just would like to read PDF files.
- Easy to read and edit PDF documents.
- Clean and clear interface with no ads, which is suitable for people using PDF files for the first time.
- No need to connect the internet.
- Light application file size and quick processing speed.
- Currently you cannot annotate while reading.
Adobe Acrobat Reader DC (The Most Professional PDF Reader)
Adobe Acrobat Reader DC is a multifunctional PDF reader, which means you can use it for viewing, commenting, signing and sharing PDFs. Its view feature is equally powerful, supporting all the view features of Apowersoft PDF Editor for Mac. In addition, it provides some magic tools to mark up, such as radio button, check box, combo box and so on. This is convenient for users to set up a questionnaire directly on the PDF file. Obviously, Adobe Acrobat Reader DC is one of the best PDF readers for Mac.
- You can intuitively check the comments in the left view bar and choose to jump to that page.
- Available for download from the Mac App Store.
- Abundant professional features to deal with PDF files.
- You need to register an account before using.
- High learning curve.
We have to say there are other useful features in Acrobat Pro version($179.88/yearly), such as creating, editing, converting, filling in forms and so on. Its abundant professional features can meet almost all your demands for processing PDF documents.
PDFelement 6 (An Efficient PDF Reader)
PDFelement 6 is another excellent PDF reader for Mac developed by Wondershare. It not only allows you to read PDF on Mac, but also provides some practical tools to edit, comment, protect, sign, convert and more with PDF documents.
If you are used to taking notes while reading, you can consider PDFelement 6. It has abundant tools to comment, including highlight, strikethrough, underline, squiggly line, caret, and several shapes.
- Simple and easy to use.
- Clear toolbar and powerful comment feature.
- You can locate a page by searching for keywords.
- You cannot directly enter the page number to jump to a certain page.
- The free version comes with a watermark when saved, and it is a little bit expensive for the Pro version.
In addition to being able to read PDF on Mac smoothly, PDFelement 6 also has some highlights worth mentioning. OCR function in Pro version is extremely powerful, whose conversion speed and results have achieved great performance. PDFelement 6 provides both individual and team versions for you to choose from. With powerful collaborative capabilities, you can adjust the page layout, add tables, sign, and get data automatically from the format any time with your team.
We’ve listed the 3 best PDF readers for Mac of 2020, whose common feature is making reading PDFs smooth and easy. PDFelement 6 is suitable for both individual and team. For those who may need to use professional features to handle PDF files, you will not be disappointed if you choose Adobe Acrobat Reader DC. However, if you just would like to read PDF documents for free and simply edit PDF files, then you will definitely have a great experience with Apowersoft PDF Editor for Mac.