WMV(Windows Media Video) is a common file format used for streaming video, screencasting video and even presenting slideshows. And many people like to check their e-mails and browsing the net via iPhone for its conveniences. However, it happens that iPhone doesn’t support the playback of WMV files natively. Luckily, it is still possible for you to overcome these limitations with some third-party programs which allow you to play WMV on iPhone.
To fulfill this goal, you are in need of some effective video converters to help you get the files in the format supported by iPhone. So here come two recommendable video converters respectively for Windows and Mac systems.
Windows Method for Playing WMV on iPhone
The best video converter on Windows that I want to share with you is Apowersoft Video Converter Studio. It is a professional program that enables you to convert your WMV video file effectively. It is indeed a brilliant software that helps windows users easily enjoy WMV files on their iOS devices. The operation procedure is quite easy, below are the detailed steps for you to know:
- Download and install this program, then launch it on your PC.
- Click “Add” button on the top left of its interface, and choose the WMV file that you want to convert to iPhone.
- In the “Profile” field, there is a specific output option navigate to – “to Apple” on the option menu.
- You can also set the output file folder as you need before conversion.
- After all these things have been set, just hit “Convert” to start.
- Once you’re done, locate the video files in output folder, connect your gadget to computer and then transfer converted videos onto it.
For further details about this software, here come the pros and cons of it:
- Various video formats like AVI, M4V, MP4, 3GP, etc, are available on this software for converting.
- It also provides optimized output presets for you to convert videos directly for Apple, Android, Sony, etc.
- This tool enables you to save the file with intact video quality, which lets you enjoy the video with satisfaction.
- Suppose you want to play WMV files on iPhone, this program allows you to convert all files in batch and merge them to one file.
- Despite the essential conversion functionality, it also lets you edit the video by trimming, cropping and adding effects and subtitles at your will.
- It allows you to play the video files on its built-in player directly for enjoying the video on the go.
- It is a desktop program that needs to be downloaded and installed on PC, which is a little troublesome.
- You should pay for the further brilliant functions that help you convert files feasibly.
Mac Solution to Play WMV files on iPhone
As for Mac users, you can use Apowersoft Video Converter for Mac, a program specially designed for Mac users to convert WMV files to go along with iPhone efficiently. Compared with other similar products that work on Mac, this tool features a wide range of video formats including MOV, AVI, MKV and many other standard and high definition video formats that make it stand out. To get a more specific experience of this program, just follow the instructions of how to play WMV on iPhone below:
Just like the parallel Windows version, you need to download, install, run the program on Mac and then click “Add” to load the WMV file that needs to be converted.
When you choose the option of “to Apple”, it is feasible for you to configure some video and audio settings as you like. Codec, Frame size, Bitrate and Frame rate are available for selecting.
After you hitting on “Save” and “OK” button, also you need to choose the output folder for saving the converted file.
The last thing you should do is to press “Convert” button and wait for some time to finish the conversion.
Now you have got the file that can be played on iPhone, just sync it to your device and enjoy it. Besides, apart from helping you play WMV on iPhone, this Mac converter can be utilized as video downloader and video detector that also work well. As for video downloader, you just need to switch to the “Downloader” tab and paste the URL to the download field. And detector is able to discovery the playing on air videos from multiple sites like YouTube, Vube, Ustream, Dailymotion, etc.
All in all, both the Windows and Mac solution can help you get the converted video file that can be played on iPhone feasibly. Just be clear that which computer system you are utilizing and choose the right program to do the conversion without hassle.