Today videos undoubtedly have become a part of our daily life. We create videos for entertainment, advertisement, sharing knowledge, and so on. Videos give people more freedom to express something beyond the words. For example, we add comments to video to make it easily comprehending, we overlay image on video and add effects to make it interesting and cool. Currently, a lot of video editing software in the market allows user to edit videos with basic functions such as adding texts, splitting, cropping and zooming. But when it comes to adding a picture or even a video over the video, things become more difficult. Here we sort out some efficient tools that can perform this task in quick ways.
4 methods help to add image over video
Add picture over a video online
Free Online Video Converter is a totally free online application that facilitates users to convert their video files to multiple formats, such as MP4, MOV, AVI, WMV, SWF, etc. It comes with some advanced functions as well and allows user to edit video first before conversion. By means of it, we can easily overlay picture on video as a watermark to protect the video from being unauthorized used. It offers five positions to put the picture. But be aware of that the picture will show on the video from the beginning to the end. This online tool comes with a concise and intuitive interface which makes video editing much easier especially for beginners. It does not require you to sign up and can just start using it at once. Check the steps below to know how you can add image over video with it.
- Open the website and click “Select files to start” to import the target video clip.
- Click “Edit” icon located at top right corner to activate the built-in editor, and select “Browse” button of “Watermark File” to upload the picture. After that, you can drop down the menu of “Watermark Location” to choose the position for this image.
- Hit “OK” button to confirm changes. After selecting your preferred output format, click “Convert” to save the file on your computer.
Kindly take note that at the first time of using this online application, the webpage will require user to download and install a small component called Launcher. This component is totally safe and won’t harm your computer. It only works to read the files hence we can use it without worries.
Overlay picture on video on PC
ApowerEdit is a professional yet easy-to-use video editor software. It empowers user to overlay either a picture or an additional video clip over the main video. It means you can watch two videos at the same time and enjoy both of the programs simultaneously. Besides the basic editing functions like splitting, cropping, zooming and rotating, ApowerEdit includes many advanced functions such as adding filter and mosaic, overlay effect, transition style, replacing original video sound as well. With the help of this brilliant tool, you can easily perform either basic or advanced editing tasks as well as export the high quality videos in multiple formats. Just follow the instructions below to add image over video with this editor.
- Click below button to download and install ApowerEdit on your PC.
- Launch the program to import the picture and target video file. After that, drag the video to Video track and drag picture to PIP track.
- Double click picture to edit the motion and mask, and directly adjust its size and position at the right side of preview window. To set its duration, just click “Set duration” icon located at the right side of toolbar to adjust the image display time.
- Preview the video at the right side window. Afterwards, click “Export” > “Export video” to save it in your preferred folder.
Overlay image on video on Mac
iMovie is a powerful video editing software developed by Apple Inc. for Mac and iOS system only, and aims to help users create and edit their videos easily and quickly. With advanced features, iMovie can help user to add pictures over a video easily and freely. It includes a wide variety of editing options and supports user to choose from numerous text styles, templates and themes. To access this function, you can do as follows:
- Click “Projects” tab in iMovie, select “Create New” > “Movie” and import target video clip and picture, afterwards drag and drop the video clip to the timeline.
- Drag the image to the timeline and put it above the video at the place where it will be inserted in. Click “Add as Overlay” tab located at top right side and choose “Picture in Picture” option. Afterwards you can find that the picture has been successfully added over the video.
- Export the video and save the file to a preferred storage location.
KineMaster (Android and iOS)
KineMaster is an app that can help you overlay picture on video on both iOS and Android devices. It will let you add overlay image on video or any other content just like text, stickers and more. This app is free to use and you can enjoy lots of features that can help you out on making your video amazing, for example add voiceover, background music, sound effect, etc. It also has simple editing features, like trimming, cropping and adding effects and transitions. Using it, not only you can export 4K 2160p video at 30 FPS , but also you can directly share it on your Youtube, Facebook, Dropbox and more.
- Download and Install the app on your App Store /Google Play.
- Open the app, tap the plus sign icon and choose the aspect ratio that you need on your video.
- Go to “Media” and select the video that you will use.
- Select “Layer” > “Overlay” and choose what will you add on your video.
- Once done, tap the export icon to save your video on your device.
All of these four tools are efficient in overlaying picture on a video. The online application is convenient to use but its function and features are limited. ApowerEdit and iMovie are more professional to complete this task. With an intuitive interface and powerful functionality, ApowerEdit is more than enough to cover up all your video editing needs. While KineMaster can be used on mobile devices which has an effective way of adding image on your video. Now you can choose a favourite program from above that you like most and start to add pictures over video without any hassle.