Due to iPad’s merits of thinness, lightness, portability and high screen resolution, many people would like to watch AVI on iPad so as to enjoy exquisite visual display while holding the tablet in hand. Then users need to transfer AVI to ipad, but unfortunately finding it incompatible with AVI format. Under that circumstance, it is impossible to watch AVI videos on the portable tablet. Well, how to make it come true? It’s not difficult that you just need to transform AVI files to a compatible format first and then import it to iPad through iTunes. Thus, you could watch AVI on the tablet at your will.
Before provide available solutions, we should figure out what formats are supported by iPad first. From the official information, we know that MP4 is commonly accepted by all mobile devices including iOS. Then it gets clear that you could enjoy AVI clips on iPad as long as you turn it into MP4 format.
Available solutions to convert AVI to iPad
Apowersoft Free Online Video Converter
If you want to convert AVI files to MP4 instantly, you could turn to this free AVI to iPad converter. It is an online application which requires no fees and other mandatory terms. You are able to use it the moment you open the website. The interface is neat that you could understand after a brief browse of the page. Let’s go on with the step by step tutorial guides.
- Navigate to the website of Apowersoft Free Online Video Converter.
- Click “Browse” button to add AVI video.
- Choose MP4 as output format.
- Click “Convert” and it starts to convert target video to selected format.
Video Converter Studio
If you want professional converter to convert AVI to iPad, you could refer to this tool. As it offers specific option for Apple products that you could select output format according to your iPad version directly. You could download it and have a try.
- Run the converter after installation.
- Click “Add” to load a target AVI video.
- Click on the “Profile” bar and choose option “to Apple”. Then select output format according to your iPad version.
- Click “Convert” after confirmation of format choice.
- Then it starts to convert.
Apowersoft Video Converter for Mac
If you use Mac computer, you could use this tool to convert video to iPad on Mac as it is exclusively compatible with Mac operating system. What’s more, the software supports to download videos from the built-in browser and then convert the downloaded videos to other needed formats directly. To further experience it, you could download and install it first.
- Launch the converter for Mac version.
- Click “Add” to import a video.
- Choose format for iPad “Mp4”.
- Click on the button of “Convert”.
- Then it starts to convert. Wait for a moment, the process will be end soon.
Transfer well-converted AVI files to iPad
After conversion, then we should import the converted videos to iPad. However, many people are still stumbled upon the issue of how to transfer AVI files to iPad. If you have the same problem, you could go on with the following tutorial guides.
- Open iTunes on your computer.
- Click on the tab of “File” on the left top corner.
- Choose and click “Add File to Library”.
- Select video from your computer.
- Connect your iPad with computer.
- After iTunes identifies iPad, click on the displaying option of iPad on the right corner.
- On the pop up interface, click “Synchronize”.
- Then it starts to transfer video file to your iPad.
Summary: MP4 is the supported format by iPad and the above methods are suitable for separate kinds of people. The first one is the best method to convert AVI for iPad free. The second and third methods respectively suit Windows and Mac users who are in need of professional tools. You can turn to appropriate one according to your needs.