There are times when you need to add a hyperlink to a PDF to make it more informative, get instant access to a certain page or jump to a specific section of the PDF file. To make it possible, you need a professional application that can provide you with the function to insert a link into a PDF text whenever you wish it. Speaking of good applications, we compiled you a list of reliable programs that can help you manage and put hyperlinks into your PDF document.
Best Way to Add Links to PDF
If we talk of the best ways to insert a hyperlink into a PDF file, then ApowerPDF should be the first on the list. This PDF reader & editor is packed with all the necessary functions to enhance and manage your PDF document. Its reader allows you to view any PDF smoothly in the clearest way possible. While the editor can help you add text, images, shapes, as well as hyperlinks into your PDF file, it can also help you add signature, data encryption, and watermarks for additional protection.
This tool is capable of adding links both inside or outside a PDF page, which is quite impressive in addition to that the steps are not complicated at all. It provides you no hassle, no lags, and most importantly, no dead links. To learn how to create links in PDF using ApowerPDF in details, you can go through the given steps below.
- Get and install ApowerPDF by hitting the button below.
- Once the program is installed, open it and load the PDF file that needs to be enhanced. You can do this by either clicking on “Open Files”, or by dragging the file directly into the program’s interface.
- When the file is loaded completely, you can start adding links by hitting the “Edit” function which is located at the top of the app. This will list the editing options at the right side of the tool. Now click on the emerging “Links” option.
- After that, choose “Insert Rectangle Link”, and then select the text which you want to use as the anchor text.
- Next, release the mouse and another window will appear. In the “Destination”, tick on “Open a web link”, and then click “Next”.
- Finally, put in the page URL and click “OK”. The link will then be created instantly.
Moreover, as mentioned above, this program is also capable of adding internal links, making you or the readers navigate directly into a specific page or section of the PDF easily. In case you need to add this type of link instead of a web link, then here’s what you need to do.
In case you need to change the appearance of the hyperlink that you are going to insert, you can modify it under the “Create link” window, where you are allowed to change the thickness, highlight, boarder style, and color.
Additional Way to Add Links to PDF
PDFescape can also be used to effectively add web link to PDF. In case of this solution, there’s no need for any software installation since it’s an online based application which currently supports most internet browsers. Aside from adding links, this tool also offers functions to view, create and edit PDF files. Plus it offers data encryption and fills out PDF forms, as well, making it to become a decent application to use. However, it also has its limitations, including that only up to 10MB or 100 pages are allowed to be edited, and to remove this restriction you must purchase its premium version for 2.99 dollars per month.
When you decide to add links to PDF, it can definitely enhance your PDF document and make it more informative and easier to be understood. By using the programs shown above you can add web or page links easily, without any hassle when you developed the need to do. Just choose the most suitable program from our list, and you’re ready to go!