Creating photo slideshows is one of the best ways to have a vivid presentation with still images integrated into it. We know that many online applications and desktop programs available to make a slideshow on Windows. However, when it comes to presentation on the Mac OS X system, it is totally a different situation. We also know the Mac OS X is much more closed than the Windows platform. The choices of slideshow software for Mac are very limited. But never worry, as based on our careful testing and functional evaluation, we selected the top 5 slideshow programs you can use on Mac. Let’s check them.
5 Best Slideshow Software for Mac
LightMV is a cloud-based slideshow maker which is compatible with Mac, Windows, iOS and Android. There are many web applications provide slideshow making services but we consider this one as the best free slideshow maker for Mac among others based on three factors – No signup and installation, ads free with a clean interface, completely free export without watermark. Currently, its easy mode offers 11 styles of templates. I guess it has an advanced mode which might be released in the near future. Under the easy mode, we can output a HD-quality slideshow in three steps.
- A super easy user interface
- No limit on the use
- HD export of the video
- Works with different systems
- More templates should be offered
iMovie should be one of your considerations when it comes to creating a stunning slideshow. As the default video editing software developed by Apple Inc., iMovie can be found preinstalled on Mac and iOS devices. This tool can create a slideshow presentation with pictures, aside from editing their video footages. There are a lot of themes, transitions and effects which can be used to make the slideshow good looking. If you need a free slideshow maker for Mac, go ahead with iMovie.
- Free of charge
- Lots of integrated effects, transitions and themes
- Official technical support from Apple
- Not easy-to-use interface for beginners
JPEGDeux is another program that can be used effectively to make a desired slideshow on Mac. With the wide range of useful options for customization it provides, people are able to have more freedom to export the slideshow they prefer. Besides, as one of the best slideshow makers for Mac, it also has a very intuitive interface which first-time users can get hold of all its functions instantly.
- Recursive directories help make slideshows very easily
- Outstanding customization options for slideshow making
- Stable and reliable to use
- Limited editing functions
- No option for slideshow sharing
4K Slideshow Maker
4K Slideshow Maker provides users the highest 4K resolution when it comes to creating slideshows. The slideshow maker software for Mac allows uploading of images not only from Mac, but also directly from Instagram, which is a quite great feature for Instagram users that can come very handy. It has cool effects, filters, effects and transitions and even the face recognition tech. All these features will definitely give you a good experience.
- Supports the loading of images from local folder or even from the Instagram platform
- Allows users to export slideshow in 4K quality
- Provides various format options for exporting a slideshow
- Limited editing options are available in the tool
- Limited themes and styles available
FotoMagico 5 is an additional tool among the best free slideshow makers for Mac which allows its users to create a slideshow with photos, videos, music and text integrated all at once. Like 4K Slideshow Maker, this software also provides ultra 4K resolution for creating a slideshow.
- Very easy to handle user interface
- Supports the creation of slideshows with videos aside from photos
- Offers 4K resolution
- The latest version is only available on Mac OS X 10.6.6 and later
Those are the best slideshow maker for Mac on the market, which you can use to make the most stunning slideshow on Mac. If you have better programs that we do not review in this post, please do not hesitate to leave a comment below.