GIF is an animated image file format that is usually used on the web. There are some situations that GIF images load slowly when they have large file size. If in case you want to load it faster, reducing its size can help you to consume less time in loading it to the web browser. Due to this reason, we have found the best online GIF compressors which can be good solutions to solve your trouble.
Top Five Easy Online GIF Compressors
Online File Compressor
The first web-based tool is the Online File Compressor. This program lets you compress picture, video and PDF in several formats such as GIF, JPEG, TIFF, PNG, MP4, WMV, MOV, PDF and so on. Moreover, this program has a high compression rate and can output file with high quality. Also, it supports batch compression, that is to say, users can compress multiple files simultaneously. Aside from that, it has no limit to the number and size of files. To have a better understanding on how to compress a GIF with this tool, check out the steps below.
- Just open the browser on your computer and visit the official webpage of the program.
- Hit the “Click to add file” button and then select a GIF file from your computer.
- Once the file is uploaded, choose one of the compression type from the three options including Size, Normal and Quality. And select the output format as original.
- After that, hit the “Compress” button to start compressing the file.
- When it finishes compressing, hit “Download All” to download the file on your computer.
Another way is by using GIF Reducer. This tool lets you compress a GIF online without paying any single cent. With it, users can upload a GIF from computer or by pasting URL of the GIF into the program. Furthermore, it has a simple interface which can be utilized by everyone. Please be remember that users can only upload a GIF file up to 2MB. Here is the guide on how this free online GIF compressor works.
- Visit the main website of the tool.
- Next, click the “Choose File” button to select a GIF file from your computer. Or simply paste the link of the GIF into the box.
- Once added, hit the “Reduce It” button and wait until it’s done.
- After that, click the “View the reduced image” button and choose which you prefer to save.
- To save it, point your mouse to the GIF file you wish to save and right-click it then hit the “Save Image as”.
An alternative and effective solution to reduce GIF file size is with Ezgif.com. As its name implies, this tool is a GIF maker and editor. With the help of this program, users will be able to compress a GIF in just a few clicks. Aside from that, it allows you to upload a GIF file up to 35MB from your device or web. See the steps below on how to utilize the program.
- Go to your commonly-used browser and visit the official website of the tool.
- Hit the “GIF Optimizer” and then “Choose File” to select a file from your computer or paste the URL of the file.
- Next, hit the “Upload!” button then choose the compression level.
- After that, click the “Optimize GIF!” button.
- Lastly, click the “Save” to save the file.
YouCompress is a program which lets you compress GIF image files for free. It lets users compress file without any limitation to the upload files. In addition, uploaded files on the program will be automatically deleted from the server after a few moments. Also, the output quality of the file will not be changed after the compression. Below is the procedure on how you can compress GIF online free.
- Simply visit the main website of the program using browser.
- Click the “Select File” button then choose a file from your local drive.
- Next, hit the “Upload File & Compress” button.
- Wait until the process is completed.
- Save the file on your PC once completed.
Last on the list is the iLoveIMG. Just like the other tools, this is an online tool that has a clean interface which allows users to reduce a GIF as easy as 1-2-3. What’s more, users can import a GIF from local drive, Google Drive and Dropbox. See these steps below on how it’s done.
- Go to your browser and visit the webpage of the program.
- Hit the “Select images” or upload a file from your cloud storage.
- If you wish to add more images, click the “+” icon.
- Once all set, click the “Compress IMAGES” button.
- Save the compressed file on your computer.
Now you have an idea about using what tool to solve your problem of how to compress a GIF. All these five services can be used without installing any software on your computer since they are all online programs. Aside from that, users are not required to pay any amount before using the tools. On the other hand, while you are using these compressors, you’ll notice ads popping up on the page except for Online File Compressor.