TIFF, whose full name is Tagged Image File Format, is a preferred computer file format used to store raster graphics image with high quality. Moreover, it supports numerous resolutions, color formats, forms of compression, and that’s why it is popular among photographers, graphic artists and the publishing industry. It is also used in 3D applications. There are some instances that you may need to compress TIFF file. Maybe you don’t have enough space to save other TIFF files on your device or you have a hard time sending the TIFF file to your friends and other colleagues through email. Luckily, we are going to list the handy tools which can be used to compress images quickly.
The easy online ways to compress TIFF files
Online Image Compressor
The first effective solution is by using Online Image Compressor. This tool allows you to compress image files in any formats including TIFF, JPEG, PNG, GIF, BMP and so on. This program has three compression functions: Size, Normal and Quality. Moreover, users can upload an image file with no limit to the number and size of each image. Aside from that, this program can protect the user’s privacy since the uploaded files are deleted automatically an hour after the compression. Also, users can use all of its functions without paying.
For a better understanding on how to compress TIFF image, check out the steps shared below.
- Visit Online Image Compressor on your device. This online service supports Windows, Mac, Android and iOS systems.
- Hit the “Click to add image” button and choose the TIFF file you wish to compress from your device.
- Choose the compression type you desire and output format as original or JPG when the service has successfully uploaded your image file. Hit the “Compress” button to begin the process. You can see the compression progress on its interface.
- Once finished, hit the “Download All” button to save the compressed file on your PC.
TIFF to JPG
TIFF to JPG is an alternative tool which can compress TIFF to JPG. This tool has a simple and clean interface so it is convenient for users to operate. It enables users to utilize the tool on various web browsers like Chrome, Firefox, Safari, Internet Explorer and many more. In addition to that, the program manages to compress files without decreasing the original quality of the file to a great extent.
See the procedure below for how this program works.
- Open your favorite browser and visit the main website of the tool.
- Next, hit the “UPLOAD FILES” button, and then choose a file from your computer.
- Once uploaded, it will start to compress your TIFF image automatically. Wait until the process is done.
- Save the file on your computer by clicking the “DOWNLOAD” icon on the thumbnail of the image.
Last on the list, we have Ps2pdf. This tool makes it simpler to compress images compared with the other tools since it has a drag-and-drop function. It lets you upload a file from the computer, Google Drive and Dropbox. Moreover, it allows you to choose the output extension, quality, dimension and compression.
Follow the guide below to learn how to compress TIFF to JPG using this service.
- Visit the main webpage of the program on your computer’s browser.
- Next, hit the “Select Files” button and choose a TIFF image from the local drive or cloud storage.
- Then, change the general options if you want to and click the “Compress Now” button. Wait for the process until it is completed.
- Lastly, save the compressed TIFF image on your PC.
The three tools mentioned above are useful and efficient to compress TIFF online. All of them can be used on your favorite browser on all platforms including Windows PC, Mac OS, Android and iOS devices. Aside from that, you don’t have to install any software and no sign up is required to use these tools. We hope this post has helped you to compress image files. If you need to compress other kinds of files which are not covered on our website, please feel free to write them down in the comments box below. We will try to find the best solutions for you.