MOV (QuickTime) is a MPEG 4 video file format which was first introduced by Apple in 1998. A long QuickTime recording video file takes up too much space on your Windows or Mac computer. If you don’t have enough memory to store the videos, you probably need to shrink the QuickTime video’s size. In other cases, you may need to compress QuickTime videos for attaching to an email, uploading to websites, sharing onto social networks like YouTube, etc. Don’t worry, today we will show you how to reduce a QuickTime video’s size using a few different simple tools!
3 ways to compress QuickTime videos
The first way to reduce your QuickTime file’s size is to use ApowerCompress. This innovative file size compressor allows you to reduce the file size of your files efficiently, especially videos. Using this great compression tool, sending and sharing files of a large size will not be a problem anymore.
- Go to your web browser and click the Download button to download the application.
- Open the application once it has finished downloading and installing the program.
- On its interface, go to “Compress Video” and click the “Add video” button to upload your video.
- Once the video is uploaded, adjust the compression strength. You can set the output video file size by inputting number into the box. Select output format to either keep it as was originally or convert it to an MP4.
- Select the output directory where you want to save your video and then click the “Compress” button.
Use Online UniConverter
Another online compression tool that you may use is called UniConverter, which was formerly known as the Media.io Video Compressor. This web-based tool allows you to compress a video file of any resolution quality and any format. You can also customize the video when you compress it to do such tasks such as adjusting its resolution and changing the output format. However, to use this online service to compress a QuickTime movie for free, you need to make sure that your video file size is less than 100MB. To start using this compressor, just follow the steps given below.
- Go to UniConverter’s website.
- Drag and drop or hit the “+” icon to add your video.
- Select your desired resolution, size, and format.
- Finally, click the “Compress” button to start compressing your video.
Trim Videos via QuickTime player
Besides using the above two tools to compress the QuickTime video file, you can also use QuickTime player to resize it by cutting out unwanted sections of the video.
QuickTime player is a video software program developed by Apple with which users can play, record, edit, and share video files on their Mac. Moreover, it can play video in multiple formats such as MP4, MOV, M4V, MPEG as well as audio files in MP3, WAV, AAC, and AIFF. One of the best features of QuickTime is that it allows you to resize QuickTime video. It offers many basic editing functions such as cropping, trimming, adding subtitles, and adding watermark. Moreover, you can also make adjustments to the output quality of your video. To trim videos, check out the following steps.
- Open the QuickTime application on your Mac.
- Click or open the video file that you want to resize, then click “Edit” video from the tabs on the top portion of its interface.
- Adjust the handles to save the portions that you want to save and then click the “Trim” button on the right side of the video.
- Go back to the top tabs of the interface and click on the “File”. Select “Save” to keep your video.
Above are the top 3 ways that you can use to compress QuickTime videos. With these tools, you can now send and share your videos fast and easily. But if you are looking for a file compressor you can also resize your image and PDF files, you may want to try ApowerCompress. This compression tool can help you batch compress files at high speed. Let us know if you have any comments or questions about these programs, or if you want to share another program with us that you find useful.