Photos are the heart of the Instagram story, but GIFs can help to give your content some soul. There is no denying that GIFs on Instagram are becoming seriously trending due to its features like the small file size, little time to load and easy-to-spread over the Internet. But how to make gif for Instagram story to wow the Instagram followers and draw attention to the brand? Here we have the best methods you can rely on to create Instagram stories GIFs on different platforms.
How to Create GIF for Instagram
Canva is a web tool always used for creating professional and amazing quality graphic designs. With the help of this platform, you can make a stunning GIF whatever you are a professional or a non-designer. It supports drag-and-drop format which simplifies the process of making a GIF for Instagram on it. Take note of that you have to create a subscription on Canva to use it. It indeed has free subscription. But for a better effect, you’d better choose a monthly subscription to start your creation. Here is a simple instruction for you to use this GIF maker for Instagram.
- Open Canva with your preferred browser and log in it with your email and password.
- Click “Create a design” and pick your preferred social post. In this case, it is Instagram Post.
- Click “Uploads” to upload your images you want to use. Then drag it to the right side area in which you can crop the image to your preferred size.
- Then you can use the filter, add text and other tools it offers.
- Once you completed it, click on “Download” and choose “Animation (MP4/GIF)” to save it to your computer.
Photoshop is a well-known photo editor. It contains a lot of features for processing photos. Although there are quite a lot of guides and video tutorials for it, it still has a requirement for the user skills. If you want to use it to create GIF for Instagram, we have a detailed step-by-step guide for you.
- Open Photoshop, drag your picture into the program. Then go to File > Scripts > Load Files into Stack. Select “Browse” button in the opened window and choose the images that you want to use, and then click “OK”.
- After you’ve done that, the layers will show up on the right-hand side. Then you need to go to the top and click Window > Timeline, and you’ll see the timeline window is opened in the bottom Then click “Create Frame Animation” button in the middle and one of the images will show up in the timeline.
- Click the menu button from the top right corner of the timeline window, choose “Make Frames From Layers” from it, which will convert all layers into the Layers panel into animation frames.
- Preview the animation, click the little arrow below each image and choose “Once”, “3 times”, “Forever” to set how your animation loops.
- To save your GIF, click “File” > “Export” > “Save for Web (Legacy)”. In the pop-up window, choose “GIF 128 Dithered” from “Preset”, “256” from “Color”, appropriate width and height for the Instagram post in the “Image Size”, and “Forever” for the Looping option.
Congratuations! You’ve successfully made a GIF for Instagram.
Giphy Cam App (Mobile app)
If you are wondering a great GIF app for Instagram, Giphy Cam is one of the best apps that you can depend on. If you often make GIFs, you must have known Giphy, a well-known online database and search engine often used in creating GIFs. And Giphy Cam is its mobile version. Currently, it has both iOS and Android version. Each of them gets a high score in the store. It allows users to record video or convert your filmed video as a GIF, add filter/special FX/text to the GIF. It integrates with social media very well, which makes it very easy to share your GIFs on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook Messenger, etc. It also supports to save the GIF to your gallery for later use. Let’s check the simple tutorials for the Android version and iOS version to create GIF for Instagram.
For Android Users::
- Get the app from Google Play Store on your Android smartphone.
- Open it, press and hold the red button to record a GIF. Or tap the button to shoot a GIF in burst mode.
- After that , you can add text, filters and special effects to enhance your GIF file.
- Once completed, you can directly share it to Instagram. Or you can also save it to your phone gallery and upload it later.
For iOS Users::
- Get this GIF app for Instagram from the App Store on your iDevice.
- Open the app, long press the Red button to record a GIF or import image or video from your camera roll as the materials for the GIF.
- Similarly, you can add filters, special effects and texts for your brand in the GIF.
- When it’s done, share the GIF to your Instagram or save it first then manually upload it to Instagram later.
GIFs have become increasingly popular in the social media industry. There are hundreds and thousands of websites, programs and apps out there. And these three solutions are the best of them on the different platforms. If you have other suggestions on making a GIF for Instagram, do not hesitate to share your ideas here.