If you take time to have a look at the official statistics page of YouTube, you will find that 4 billion hours audios are watched every month on the popular audio-sharing webpages. The site also claimed to have 1 trillion views on 2014. This just means that more and more people are getting into the habit of using the site for checking out hot songs and music videos.
Sure, you get to listen to all the music you want, but what if you can’t access the Internet? That is the reason why people need to record audio from YouTube and keep it in their portable audio players for later playback.
- Reliable Solution – Streaming Audio Recorder
- Specialized Solution – YouTube to MP3
- Online Solution – Apowersoft Free Video to MP3 Converter
Two shareware to record audio off YouTube
1. Streaming Audio Recorder
The first one on the list of top YouTube audio recording applications is the Streaming Audio Recorder. Except of the audio recording feature, it has a built in audio editor so you can cut and splice sounds for your convenience. And you can also convert your recorded audio to different popular formats. But the best thing about this software is that it is not limited on YouTube audio. It lets to record audio from Spotify, Jango, or Grooveshark. The technology it uses is not the same with online recorders as it records straight from the sound card of your computer or microphone.
- After downloading, install and launch the program.
- On the main interface, click gear icon and select “Settings” from the menu. In the pop-up window, set the input audio source as “System sound”.
- Play the YouTube video, back to the recorder interface and click red record button.
- While you record YouTube audio online, the software will identify the music info.
- Hit “Stop” to end recording, then the recorded audio goes to the target folder.
2. YouTube to MP3
Another great YouTube audio ripper to use is YouTube to MP3. This program is special designed for downloading and converting audio on YouTube. It has a built in powerful media player so you can listen to your recorded audio right away. Besides, it also supports you to convert local audio files to different formats.
Now, just go through the two steps to get and manage YouTube audios:
Download YouTube audio
Run the software, enter the video link into the designated box on the interface. Click “Start” icon, then you can see the download task appears in the download list.
Create offline music playlist
After you get all the songs you want, click the “Playlist” tab on the right panel. Hit “Add local music” and add the songs into it. Later, hit the “Play”, and enjoy the music.
A free way to online record YouTube sound
For starters, you can use the sites to convert YouTube audio. There are a couple of websites that offer this service. One example is Apowersoft Free Video to MP3 which has gained popularity and a couple of merits under its name. The good thing about such online YouTube audio recorder is that it does not require much know-how and you don’t really have to install anything to your computer. And most of all – it’s free! Let’s check the below audio downloading instructions:
- Open the YouTube MP3 extractor and choose the “Convert from Web” tab.
- Go to YouTube and copy the link of the video that contains the audio you want.
- Bring the URL to download box on Video to MP3 webpage, and click “Convert” button.
- Enable Java, choose the output format then download the audio right away.
- Seconds later, the download will be finished, then the destination folder will pop up.
You also can watch the video demo to get a better understanding of how to record audio on YouTube.
The only problem is that you can’t do multiple recordings. This means you have to repeat a process in order to free record different audio from YouTube. Another limitation for this solution is that it’s not really made for other media sharing platforms like MySpace and Facebook. So if you find free online recorders fail to meet your need, you can take advantage from standalone software.
If you want to record one or two tracks on YouTube then you can just use the online YouTube audio recorder to suit your needs. But if you want to record multiple audios from YouTube and other sites then you just can use either the Streaming Audio Recorder or the YouTube to MP3 program to make everything easier. With such programs, you never have to worry about not being able to record the tracks you want.