Transfer Voice Memos from iPhone to PC Quickly
Apple’s iPhone is more than the ordinary cell phone which sends and receives messages based on pure text. With the very fast and diverse technology we have today, your iPhone has the ability to record voice memos with just few scrolls and clicks. Some of you might ask: where should I use voice memos? Voice memos are very useful for recording classroom lectures, seminars, quick notes, recording precious conversations and more. However, to transfer voice memo from iPhone to PC is indeed a big challenge.
Unlike android, iPhone does not have a backup feature where you could easily locate files stored in your iPhone. Its exclusivity and inability to pinpoint data makes transferring of voice memos from one device to another a big pain to almost every iPhone user. Luckily, there are smart tools you can use to do the task easily.
Three Ways to Transfer iPhone Voice Memos to Computer
Method 1: Via Apowersoft Free Online iPhone/iPad/iPod Transfer
If you don’t want to install programs on your computer, the best way to transfer large voice memos from iPhone to PC free is through Apowersoft Free Online Transfer. With this application you can easily transfer not just voice memos but also media contents such as videos, photos, music and more directly into your PC. You can equally backup files, manage personal information, organize iOS apps, import as well as export vital records. See below how to use Apowersoft Free Online Transfer easily:
- Visit the website and click “Launch Application”.
- A java applet will appear and click “Run”.
- Wait for the application to load completely.
- Connect your device using the supplied USB cable and then a program window will appear.
- Once your device is recognized, head on to the category list on the left to start transferring files.
- You can now manage all your iPhone’s content including large voice memos.
- Click “Tools” and “Apps” on top for more options.
It is recommended that you download the desktop version of Apowersoft Free Online Transfer since you can transfer files even without internet connection. Moreover, the benefit of installing the desktop version is that you can run the program anytime you want. It is compatible with both Windows and Mac OS while it supports all iOS devices from the first generation iPad, iPod to the latest iPhone 5.
Method 2: Via iTunes
You can also transfer iPhone voice memos to computer by using iTunes. This method is appropriate for users who are proficient with iTunes but for easy perusal usage, see this guide below:
- Connect your iPhone or any iOS device to your computer via USB.
- Open iTunes application and click the name of your device.
- Head on to the “Music” tab.
- Do not forget to tick the box “Include Voice Memos”.
- Sync your device.
- A voice memo playlist on the left column should appear.
- Click the files you want to copy.
- Right click on the file for more options.
Method 3: Email Directly From your iPhone
For those who don’t want to sync via iTunes, you can transfer voice memo from iPhone to PC by direct email or MMS. This is handy for users who want to transfer small-sized voice memos. Those with huge amounts of voice memos will on the other hand find this process too tedious.
- From the voice memo app, click the “Silver Button” located at the lower right corner.
- You should now be on the list of your saved memos.
- Choose the voice memo you want to share.
- Press the “Blue Share Button” on the bottom right of the screen.
- Select transfer by using email or MMS.
If you don’t know how to transfer voice memos from iPhone to computer, all of the listed methods above will help you most. However, bear in mind that each approach is different from the others and there are limitations you need to consider.
Using the direct email or MMS is not applicable for numerous and large voice memos since there is an email/MMS file size limitation. Also, if you have more than ten voice memos that need to be transferred, this process will take up your time. On the other hand, but iTunes has even more restrictions on using it. The solution for this is to organize your library and learn how to consolidate files, not for novice users actually.
One of the easiest and freemium ways to transfer a voice memo from iPhone to computer is through Apowersoft Free Online iOS transfer. It is free, fast, reliable, secure and best of all flexible. You can not only transfer voice memos but other media contents as well. A desktop version is similarly available allowing you to use the service anytime you want, even without internet connection.