How to capture flash video easy way
There’s a ton of great flash videos, movies and many flash animations embedded on websites, you could have easy access to viewing them. Just ask yourself, do you have any trouble to capture embedded flash video for playing even without the internet connection. Okay, you will ascertain the correct response right away.
General methods to capture flash video
For IE browser users
If you set internet explorer as the default web browser, the usual solution is to save flash video in the temporary internet files. Specific operation here:
- Open Tools from IE browser address bar, select Internet options – Settings – View files.
- Set up a folder and then place your video file with SWF extension.
- Paste the file into chosen folder.
- You are done to capture flash video. Drag the video into the browser for playing.
For Firefox browser users
There is no need to download any other software on your system, just have Video Downloadhelper installed on Firefox browser. The installation succeeds as the icon appears on the address bar. Details listed:
- Open tools menu and click the animated icon.
- Choose the flash video to download, the icon will become multicolored while start capturing flash videos.
- Right click the file and enable the download icon.
- Convert video to the right format for iPhone 5 from Preferences, conversion function there.
That’s all about freeware applications. However, those tools seem workable for only selected video sites like YouTube, Dailymotion, Metacafe and other popular sites, but do not apply to live streaming sites or DRM protected video sites such as justin.tv, Hulu, Adobe TV, MySpace and many others.
Capture flash video stream with Video Download Capture
Supposing that you are not impressed with the above two methods, perhaps Apowersoft Video Download Capture will be the nifty trick, which can capture any videos you watch from the internet, steps below.
Step1: Download and install Video downloader software.
Step2: Specify output directory and formats from Options.
Step3: Go to the website with the flash video you want to capture.
Step4: Enter the video URL into the download menu and click on Add to download.
Alternative way: The above steps present the way to save videos from YouTube-like sites, but it does not work for some protected video sites including Hulu, ABC, Netflix, Ovguide, Yahoo video and others. In this way, the best bet is making use of its advanced video recorder. As soon as you input the url in the built-in browser, it automatically adds the video into download list.
Tips: For some live stream video sites like Twitch TV, Liveleak and Livestream, you may use its screen recorder to save flash video. Click Record Screen, choose full screen or custom area to record videos you want, click stop button after recording.
It’s just a few steps. That could not be easier to capture flash video stream with this multi-functional program. There is more to be explored.
Other key functions
- Both support downloading and recording videos from popular online sites
- Batch video downloading simultaneously
- Trim and Crop original video to the desired ones
- Convert videos to your iPhone 5, iPod Touch, iPad2, Zune, PSP and other gadgets.
All methods enumerated above can capture flash video from internet. They are all the best and simplest way out. It’s your choice now.