Top Software to Record Windows 7, 8 and 10
Windows 8 offers a number of new personalization options which make Windows one of the most personal operating systems. And screen recording is a great option when you want to record on-screen activities that you perform on your computer. Typically, users record their screen to create instructional videos on how to use a particular program, to provide tips and tricks in playing a certain game, and to prepare presentations. Listed below are three recommended screen recorder for windows 8 that you can use.
The Best Screen Recorder for Windows 8 Computer Screen
For Windows OS, you can capture your screen by using Apowersoft Screen Recorder Pro which is highly rated by many users. It’s capable of recording HD video along with multiple audio sources (System sound, Microphone or both). Also, the resulted video can be saved in various formats, such as AVI, MP4, WMV, MKV, etc. Moreover, it also comes with some handy tools that enable you to make screenshot, schedule recording task and upload video to YouTube and FTP server. You can click the button below to download it.
This application also works on Mac computers free of charge. There’s no limit to the number or length of video that you can record so you can certainly come back for more screen recording. Since it offers powerful features and produces high-quality videos, Apowersoft Screen Recorder Pro can be considered as the best screen recorder for your windows 8 screen.
- Records Windows 8 screen with exceptional quality
- Simultaneously records both audio and video
- Capable of recording audio separately – which comes in handy if you prefer to record the sound only
- Records all or part of the screen through Custom-screen mode and Full-screen mode
- Records audio and video from Skype and G-Chat through Webcam Capture mode
- Plans recording tasks to make the program to record screen automatically
Additional Functions: Screenshot, Real time editor, Task scheduler, Video uploader
If you prefer a quick workaround without installing, there’s a lite version available that is called Apowersoft Free Online Screen Recorder. It’s a free web-based program that allows you to use it on webpage directly.
The following steps will show you how to use this online application to record Windows 8 PC screen for free.
- Step 1: Go to the site of Apowersoft Online Screen Recorder.
- Step 2: Click the orange button named “Start Recording”. This way, you will use screen recorder online for free. But you can give a free trial of the desktop version by clicking the download button on the right side.
- Step 3: After finishing the initializing process, it will pop up a free screen recorder with friendly user interface. You can preset the audio input resource according to your actual situation.
- Step 4: Choose one recording mode under “Record” button. It offers “Region” (to record customized area as you want), “Full Screen” (to record the entire screen activity), “Web Camera” (to capture your streaming camera video) and so on.
- Step 5: Start Recording. If you want to end the recording, simply click “Stop” tab on the task tool bar.
2. Bandicam – Compact and cost-effective screen capture
Bandicam is a video capture software that’s designed for recording games. You need to download the program and register so you can access the full version. It lets you record Windows 8 screen as you play your desired online game.
- Great at recording games particularly Minecraft
- Works well on recording games that use OpenGL or DirectX graphic technology
- Shows the number of frames per second (FPS), and allows you to save the statistics
Additional Function: Screenshot
For online game players who want to record their gameplay, Bandicam is a viable choice. However, the main drawback is that the software doesn’t record audio. Also, some users complain about the poor video quality.
3. Fraps – Multifunctional application for screen recording
Fraps is a famous screen recorder which works well on Windows 7 and 8. When using it, you are allowed to record your voice along with the video. So that you can add your voice commentary in your videos. Furthermore, this application is equipped with a screenshot tool which enables you to capture any scene happening on screen.
- Enable you to record high definition videos along with sounds (System sound, microphone or the both).
- Great ability to record gameplay videos with graphic technology of OpenGl and DirectX.
- Takes little space in your hard drive.
Additional Function: screenshot
Although Fraps features small storage and low price to pay, it still falls short of supporting multiple formats for the output video. For this case, you may consider seeking alternatives to Fraps screen recorder.
4. Camtasia – Comprehensive screen video capture
Camtasia is a paid Windows 8 screen recorder that offers diverse functions. There are separate downloadable programs for Windows and Mac. It’s great for editing and personalizing screen recorded videos.
- Lets you record your screen on Windows 8 and personalize your video
- Offers different themes and animated backgrounds
- Imports videos, images, and music to enhance your video
- Sends your video to YouTube
Size: 238.7 MB
Additional Function: Screenshot, Edit, Convert
Basically, the application does its job well but the prices are just too expensive, ranging around $200 for the basic bundle plus another $90 for upgrades.
Camtasia is a good option if you’re willing to shell out money to use a dependable Windows 8 screen video capture program. Fraps is a screen recorder specifically designed for capturing online gaming but you’ll have to sacrifice quality. If you’re looking for a completely free solution that provides top quality videos and useful features without letting you pay for anything, Apowersoft Free Online Screen Recorder is best recommended.
Now that you have learned how to record screen on Windows 8, some of you may wondering how you could possibly snapshot whatever you see on the screen and save as image files for future use.
The default method of pressing shortcuts can be achieved by depressing the “Alt” + “PtrScr” to screenshot a single active window and “Win” + “PrtScr” to capture whole screen. If you are in search for more advanced way to capture screen on Windows 8 computer, Apowersoft Free Screen Capture is highly recommended as it comes with more powerful functions as compared with the former method. It’s an all-round screen capture tool that works perfect on taking sceenshots, making quick edits and sharing image online. With it, you can take screenshots on Windows 8 with a single keystroke.
- Navigate to the webpage of Apowersoft Free Screen Capture on your browser and click “Launch Application” to run it on your computer. Or you can directly download it and install it on your PC.
- If needed, you can click “Tools” and select “Options” to change the settings as you wish.
- Click the camera icon or “Print Screen” hotkey to start capturing.
- Click and drag you mouse to the region you desire to snapshot and then release your mouse. Then you can annotate the screenshot with the provided editing options.
- After that, just click “Save” button to keep it on your hard disc.