What should I do to record voice with background music?Views : 8496 Replies : 18 Likes : 1 2013-10-24 09:20 #1
Hi, I was wondering if anyone could tell me how to record my voice with background music, cause I wanna make my singing sound like part of the original song. Does anyone know what I should do or what programs do I need?
CholeParticipant2013-10-25 00:41 #2
As for those people who can’t figure out how to record voice over music, I will show you how to do it in details. Before the recording, you need to plug an external microphone to the socket on your computer. And then turn on your microphone if there is a switch on the device. After you have completed the above preparation, you need a proper audio recorder. The following two options are the desirable software for recording voice with music.
i-Sound Recorder for Windows 7
i-Sound Recorder is an easy-to-use audio recorder that allows you to record audio from external or internal source. Unlike most recorders that saving recording files direct to hard disk, this sound recorder can save much space from hard disk by using real-time compression.
More conveniently, it also enables you to stop recording after certain time of recording or split the recording at the time you set. Also, it can be used for noise reduction, which means, some noise cannot be recorded by setting LowPass filter to whatever you want. However, one of drawbacks is that it lacks of key features like CD burning, audio editing and so on.
Free Sound Recorder
Free Sound Recorder, just as its name suggests, is a free audio recording program that supports to record audio from microphone, computer system sound as well as external input devices (tapes, cassettes, vinyl, or CD/DVD player) directly into MP3, WMA or WAV files. And its built-in scheduler enables you to make schedule recording by setting your desired time duration of recording or preset start time and stop time.
However, it’s inconvenient that the interface of this sound recorder is set to be always-on-top. Besides, it has limited advanced functions. For example, you cannot convert the audio formats or edit the recordings, as Streaming Audio Recorder does.
Streaming Audio Recorder
Compared with the former program which only features as audio recorder, Streaming Audio Recorder is equipped with many useful functions, aside from the basic recording voice with background music feature, which includes CD burner, audio editor, audio converter and many others. Additionally, it can also meet your needs of entertainment. With it, you can enjoy latest popular music and radio from dozens of radio stations in your spare time. Anyway it’s an all-in-one program that features audio recorder as its main function. You can refer to the following steps to record voice with background music.
Double-click to launch Streaming Audio Recorder and then make some changes to the default settings. You’d better select “Both System Sound and Microphone” in “Audio Source”, then you can choose output format from the following five common formats: MP3, AAC, OGG, WMA, and WAV or make other advanced settings. After all the settings have been done, click “Record” when you are ready to begin your recording. Now you can sing through the microphone and play the background music. Once you want to finish the recording, you can just click on “Stop”.
1. Make sure that the background music being played on your computer won’t drown out the voice you speak through microphone.
2. Test whether the microphone works well before you start to record voice with background music. You can test it in the following ways.
Method one: Right click the sound icon in notification area of your computer and select “Recording Advice”. Then you can speak through the microphone and see whether the volume meter of microphone dancing up and down while you are speaking.
Method two: You can also use Streaming Audio Recorder to test whether the microphone works well by clicking on “Test”. (Settings -> Record settings ->Audio Source->Microphone->Test)
Hi! Free Sound Recorder gave me AIDS!! Just kidding! But it did give me a virus... F**K FREE SOUND RECORDER I SENSORED I'M TRIGGERED AF YOU DID NOT WRITE IT WOULD GIVE ME A VIRUS!!! LUCKILY I HAVE AMAZING VIRUS DETECTION SOFTWARE SO MY COMPUTER DIDN'T DIE!!!!! Please have a nice rest of your day. ?
- 2018-01-26 11:40 Reply
- sarayaw2612 : Hi! Free Sound Recorder gave me AIDS!! Just kidding! But it did give me a virus... F**K FREE SOUND RECORDER I SENSORED I'M TRIGGERED AF YOU DID NOT WRITE IT WOULD GIVE ME A VIRUS!!! LUCKILY I HAVE AMAZING VIRUS DETECTION SOFTWARE SO MY COMPUTER DIDN'T DIE!!!!! Please have a nice rest of your day. ?
DouglasGuest2013-10-25 03:25 #3
THANK U! I have record my song successfully, but there still exists another problem, what should I do to burn my recording to CD as a gift to someone.
WinfredGuest2013-11-12 02:04 #4
Thanks for your guide on recording voice with background music, I have successfully create my song. But I forgot to add a passage at the end of my song. What should I do?
- Chole : If so, you just need to record what you want to add at the end of your song and then append this audio file to your song with the audio editor tool of Streaming Audio Recorder. For more information you can refer to this post. how-to-mix-audio-files-into-one-single-file.html
- 2013-11-12 07:43 Reply
BertonGuest2013-12-12 00:56 #5
Hi, I was wondering if you could help me out. As I tried to playback what I have recorded, it sounds very low. It’s barely audible, but I can’t find a solution to this. Can you suggest any way to help me out or tell me what I should pay attention to before the recording? I’d really appreciate your help.
One of the striking features of Streaming Audio Recorder is that it can help to record any audio while keeping the original quality. However, in order to have a high quality recording, there are things that you need to pay attention to.
1. Before the recording, you need to ensure that the volume of the computer sound and microphone are not mute. Besides, the system sound had better not louder than the microphone sound so that your voice will be drowned out by the background music.
2. While recording, you should make sure that you are staying in a quiet environment, otherwise your recordings can be greatly affected.
- 2013-12-12 01:39 Reply
- Chole : One of the striking features of Streaming Audio Recorder is that it can help to record any audio while keeping the original quality. However, in order to have a high quality recording, there are things that you need to pay attention to.
efpierceGuest2013-12-13 02:55 #6
I have a recording that the sound is very low in and I know what I did wrong, but I still need to know how to fix this one recording as it is very good and I don’t want to have to do it over. Does anyone have any suggestions?
To improve the quality of audio files that result in quality degradation after recording, you can check this post for the way out.It provides two ways for you to improve the audio quality of your recorded audio files so that you can regain the interest in listening to them.
- 2014-02-24 03:20 Reply
- Chole : To improve the quality of audio files that result in quality degradation after recording, you can check this post for the way out.It provides two ways for you to improve the audio quality of your recorded audio files so that you can regain the interest in listening to them.
IsabelGuest2014-02-26 08:57 #7
Thanks for providing those feature-rich applications, but the problem is all the solutions you provided are only workable for Windows OS. So I am wondering that if you could suggest an audio recording program that allows me to record voice and background music on Mac. Your suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
CholeParticipant2014-03-29 18:01 #8
Hi, Isabel! If you want to record your voice as well as background music on your Mac OS, then Apowersoft Audio Recorder for Mac would be the best option for you. With it, you can record audio from computer system card and external device separately or record both of them simultaneously in 1:1 quality. After downloading this desktop program to your computer, you can follow the steps below:
- Plug in your microphone to your computer and make sure it works.
- Launch this audio recorder on your Mac PC.
- Click the “Settings” button in the lower-left corner of the interface. Now you can select your desirable output format and folder.
Note: Keep in mind to change the default audio source to “Both System Sound and Microphone” if you want to record your voice along with background music.
- Hit the red button to start recording.
- Now you can speak through your microphone and play the background music you like.
- Click the button again whenever you want to finish it.
Above are my suggestions, hope it helps. Please feel free to leave a comment if you have any problem.
oakley c six priceGuest2016-07-23 22:37 #9
Your post is very helpful,it give me much help,thank you!
georizaGuest2016-12-05 05:36 #11
how should I record my own song and put the background music please I need your help
- Alice Wang : Hi! If you want to record your voice along with background music at the same time, then you can use our free audio recorder and choose "System sound and microphone" from audio input before recording. While if you have already recorded your song and want to mix it with background music, then you may use the audio editing function of Streaming Audio Recorder.
- 2016-12-14 00:50 Reply