Method on how to make my own ringtoneViews : 2771 Replies : 5 Likes : 0 2013-08-28 00:40 #1
I have long gotten tired of the default ringtones in my cellphone, thus I wanna use more personalized songs as ringtones. Though there is a large assortment of ringtones for me to choose from on the Internet, I prefer to make my own ringtones with my favorite songs. The most troubling of all is that I don’t know how to do it.
CholeParticipant2013-08-28 07:26 #3
As for iPhone users, since a unique ringtone file format that the iPhone recognizes is an m4r file format, thus it’s a little bit troublesome to use third-party tools to make ringtones. Fortunately, Apple’s iTunes supports you to directly create your own ringtone.
Apple’s iTunes is a relatively quick and easy way to make ringtones, it’s available for you to create ringtones from anyone songs in your iTunes library including local audio files, purchased DRM-free music, and DRM songs are no exception. Here is the detailed process of making ringtones.
Step one: Right-click the song you want to make as ringtone and select Get Info.
Step two: Go to the Options tab and set the start time and stop time of your ringtone.
Step three: Right-click your song again and select Create AAC Version. In this way, a duplicate version with the time duration you set will appear in your iTunes library beneath the original song.
Step four: Rename the AAC music file with an m4r file extension.
Step five: After the extension is changed, simply double click on the file to add it to your iTunes library under the ringtones section. Then Sync your iPhone with iTunes to transfer this ringtone.
NicolaGuest2013-08-28 09:15 #4
What if I am using Android or Windows phone?
As for Android or Windows users, you can also use iTunes to make ringtones. The only difference is that you can omit the last step. And it's true that using iTunes is of great convenience in making ringtones, but it has its defects since it does not provide the function to play the snippet of the audio file you want to add as ringtone, thus it's kind of difficult for you make sure whether you've set the right start time and stop time of the ringtone.
There should be no worry! Another way of creating ringtones is to record it with Streaming Audio Recorder. Streaming Audio Recorder is a powerful audio recording software that enables you to record any audio you hear on your PC without the loss of quality. To create your own ringtone, you can refer to the following steps.
- Run the program and change the settings as you want. For example, you can choose your desired output folder and output format.
- Play the song you preferred.
- Press On to start recording.
- Click Audio Editor in the drop-down list of Tools and load the audio file you recorded to edit. You can choose any part of the audio track and play the section. Next, make change of your export settings. After that you can click Resample and export to save your preferred part of the song.
Even better, with this ringtone maker software, you can also record what you sing through the microphone to make your ringtone much more special. You can do it in much the same way as the steps I list above. The only differences are that you must make sure your microphone is well connected to the computer and you need to change the Audio Source in Record Settings to Microphone or Both System Sound and Microphone.
- 2013-09-29 19:13 Reply
- Chole : As for Android or Windows users, you can also use iTunes to make ringtones. The only difference is that you can omit the last step. And it's true that using iTunes is of great convenience in making ringtones, but it has its defects since it does not provide the function to play the snippet of the audio file you want to add as ringtone, thus it's kind of difficult for you make sure whether you've set the right start time and stop time of the ringtone.