Apple’s iPhone is more than the ordinary cell phone which sends and receives messages based on pure text. With the very fast and diverse technology we have today, your iPhone has the ability to record voice memos with just few scrolls and clicks. Some of you might ask: where should I use voice memos? Voice memos are very useful for recording classroom lectures, seminars, quick notes, recording precious conversations and more. However, to transfer voice memo from iPhone to PC is indeed a big challenge.
Unlike Android, iPhone does not have a backup feature where you could easily locate files stored in your iPhone. Its exclusivity and inability to pinpoint data makes transferring voice memos from one device to another a big pain to almost every iPhone user. Luckily, there are smart tools you can use to do the task easily.
Three Ways to Transfer iPhone Voice Memos to Computer
Method 1: Via Apowersoft Phone Manager
If you don’t want to install apps on your iPhone, the best way to transfer large voice memos from iPhone to PC freely is through Apowersoft Phone Manager. With this application you can easily transfer not just voice memos but also media contents such as videos, photos, music and more to PC. You can equally backup files, manage personal information, organize iOS apps, import as well as export vital records. See below how to use this tool easily:
- Download and install this phone manager by clicking button below.
- Run it and connect iPhone to PC with attached USB cable.
- Tap “Trust” when a pop-up window appear on your phone.Then the main information of your iPhone will show on PC.
- Connect your device using the supplied USB cable and then a program window will appear.
- On program interface, click “Notes” > “Voice Memos”.
- Select items you want to transfer and then tap “Export”.
Within seconds, all items will be transferred to PC successfully. If you find some voice memos useless, you can tap “Delete” to free up your iPhone memory.
Method 2: Via iTunes
You can also transfer iPhone voice memos to computer by using iTunes. This method is appropriate for users who are proficient with iTunes but for easy perusal usage, see this guide below:
- Connect your iPhone or any iOS device to your computer via USB.
- Open iTunes application and click the name of your device.
- Head on to the “Music” tab.
- Do not forget to tick the box “Include Voice Memos”.
- Sync your device.
- A voice memo playlist on the left column should appear.
- Click the files you want to copy.
- Right click on the file for more options.
Method 3: Email Directly From your iPhone
For those who don’t want to sync via iTunes, you can transfer voice memo from iPhone to PC by direct email or MMS. This is handy for users who want to transfer small-sized voice memos. Those with huge amounts of voice memos will on the other hand find this process too tedious.
- Open Voice Memos app. Choose the piece you want to share.
- Press the “Share” Button below.
- Select transfer by using email or MMS.
If you don’t know how to transfer voice memos from iPhone to computer, all of the listed methods above will help you most. However, bear in mind that each approach is different from the others and there are limitations you need to consider.
Using the direct email or MMS is not applicable for numerous and large voice memos since there is an email/MMS file size limitation. Also, if you have more than ten voice memos that need to be transferred, this process will take up your time. On the other hand, but iTunes has even more restrictions on using it. The solution for this is to organize your library and learn how to consolidate files, not for novice users actually.
One of the easiest ways to transfer a voice memo from iPhone to computer is through Apowersoft Phone Manager. It is powerful, fast, reliable, secure and best of all flexible. You can not only transfer voice memos but other media contents as well. For instance, you can use it to transfer photos from iPhone to PC effortlessly.